Norton Good or Bad

Vanguard382

I think it's a very wise choice :) i recommended it but i have to warn you that some people, i don't know why though, think it has a confusing interface... I've also heard that their online support isn't all that good. However, I still use it just fine and i have never had any problem with it. ZoneAlarm does not detect NOD32 as an antivirus system... I don't know why though.

NOD32 is fast, updates rapidly and frequently, takes up VERY LITTLE RAM. I fully recommend you use it. :lol:

which one is better

no which one is better actually... i prefer zonealarm... it is more user friend than outpost... but outpost uses very little resources as compare to zonealarm... maybe you can read about their products at their website

Zonealarm

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

Outpost

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/

--==aGumon==--

:o There's no way Norton beat NOD32

I've had some bad expiriences with Norton 2005. The uninstaller is horrible. It damaged IE and many other programs. I tried installing Avast an AVG but neither would run becuase of what Norton left behind. At one point my pc wouldn't boot. Ended up reformating ...

If I can find my thread in another forum about all the problems I had I will post it.

Oh, and mabey you should check out Syagte as a firewall.

:o  There's no way Norton beat NOD32

I've had some bad expiriences with Norton 2005. The uninstaller is horrible. It damaged IE and many other programs. I tried installing Avast an AVG but neither would run becuase of what Norton left behind. At one point my pc wouldn't boot. Ended up reformating ...

If I can find my thread in another forum about all the problems I had I will post it.

Oh, and mabey you should check out Syagte as a firewall.

That test was moronic... It compares the minor and petty details. It doesn't tell you how well the antivirus scanned, how fast, and how efficiently. It's just "is there password protection" and crap like that. It just sees if it has that capability but does not compare its efficiency. The review is total bullsh*t.

Hi!

Got fed up with software finding trojans and saying they can't remove them. Also got fed up with having a PC that got slower and slower.

Eventualy found eScan Antivirus for Windows free download. Now no viruses or trojans and still a fast PC (1 desktop AMD and 1 laptop P4).

http://www.mwti.net

After 30 day trial, I paid about ?13 for a year licence.

Now I don't use a firewall - slows PC's too much.

Hope it helps,

Bloke :)

You can try Syagte. Its pretty low on system resources and its one of the best. But if you use Firefox and don't go on any questionable sites, then it wouldn't be too bad.

I dont understand people that have more than one firewall or av running. Theres a point were security turns into paranoia. :lol:

The wrong firewall can and will slow a pc down. Just look at ZoneAlarm. I noticed a huge speed difference back when I was a dialup user using ZoneAlarm Pro and then switching to Outpost Professional.

The wrong firewall can and will slow a pc down.  Just look at ZoneAlarm.  I noticed a huge speed difference back when I was a dialup user using ZoneAlarm Pro and then switching to Outpost Professional.

I never found any problem with ZoneAlarm Pro slowing down my computer. However, I have never tried Outpost Professional.

One should not have more than one firewall or antivirus running at the same time. This is why ZoneAlarm Pro detects antivirus and firewall overlaps to avoid problems with this.

I never found any problem with ZoneAlarm Pro slowing down my computer. However, I have never tried Outpost Professional.

One should not have more than one firewall or antivirus running at the same time. This is why ZoneAlarm Pro detects antivirus and firewall overlaps to avoid problems with this.

If Use Too Much Anti-Virus And Firewall...The Computer Config Might Mix Up And At The End Your Comp Is Not Been Protected At All...

zonealarm pro takes up a lot of resources... as compared to outpost pro...

--==aGumon==--

Hi all,

Well, I hate Norton and Mcafee , used them once and yes , they take to much memory away.

Nowadays I only rely on Panda Software's Panda Antivirus Titanium series when it comes on virus protection and stuff.

I honestly don't understand why people still trust Norton or Mcafee.

IMHO Panda Antivirus Titanium is the best anti-virus there is.

Greetings ,

Pcfreakske2000

I honestly don't understand why people still trust Norton or Mcafee.

Because their the most popular, and has been for a while. Even though its so bad. It's like IE. Many people haven't even heard of Firefox, or any alternate browser. They think what they have is the best becuase everyone else uses it.

If they saw how horible Norton or IE really is, then they would switch.

Because their the most popular, and has been for a while. Even though its so bad. It's like IE. Many people haven't even heard of Firefox, or any alternate browser. They think what they have is the best becuase everyone else uses it.

actually you can easily disable activeX in internet explorer... this make internet explorer like any other browser...

If they saw how horible Norton or IE really is, then they would switch.

norton is not really that bad... it is just using too much resources... a bit expensive for a stand alone antivirus... and doesnt uninstall completely...

you cannot say internet explorer is really that horrible... many other programs will need to depend on it to run...

--==aGumon==--

... it is just using too much resources... a bit expensive for a stand alone antivirus... and doesnt uninstall completely...

My point exactly...

you cannot say internet explorer is really that horrible... many other programs will need to depend on it to run...

I should have said that differently. IE is unsafe, because it's such a essential part of Windows. If everything in windows didn't depend on IE, than it wouldn't be that bad.

will it be safe?

In The End...Of Course It Is Not So Safe...

But A Person Has A Firewall But Surf For Crack Or Those Stuff (They Usually Has Lot Of Spyware And Virus) They Have A Higher Risk Than U...

It Also Depend On That Webpage U Surf Most Of The Time...