hotfix unistalers

vecchio

hello again

a simple question

its safe to checked the option "hotfixx unistalers"?

(Ccleaner127242?)

I think dangerous to maintain the marked option because I think marked this option will delete important securyti updates for the good operation of the windows

can anybody help myself in that doubts?

in what cases i have to mark the option?

and what is the option secure file deletion?

thank you

I think you've got that reversed ... the new option cleans the Uninstaller, not the Hotfix.

The question, then, is if there is any reason you would ever want to uninstall a specific Hotfix. I've been kicking that around and can't think of a situation.

I haven't tested it yet myself but secure file deletion is supposed to overwrite the sectors formerly occupied by cleaned files so that they can't be recovered.

Hotfix uninstallers are a lot more useful in a business environment because there is a chance a security hotfix can have some negative effects, thus warranting a mass uninstall of the hotfix. I remember not too long ago one such hotfix degraded computer performance... However that was a rare occurance and if there is an issue in a security hotfix it is typically minor and doesn't interfere with a home user.

As for me, I would use the hotfix uninstaller only after using the security hotfix for awhile to make sure no problems arise. That way if they do, I can uninstall, but if they don't then I can delete it and save some disk space.

Do you have a hunger for tweaking? Have a sudden urge of the tweaking munchies and need to take care of it? Check out The Whistling Cricket Tweaking Restaurant.

I think it is highly unlikely that anyone wants to uninstall hotfixes after they have been working fine for a while. However, I have one question: after removing the uninstallers, will the updates still appear in Add/Remove Programs? If not, how do people know what windows updates they have on their system?

...after removing the uninstallers, will the updates still appear in Add/Remove Programs? If not, how do people know what windows updates they have on their system?

After running the Issues scan and removing the keys related to the Hotfix Uninstallers, the Windows Updates are no longer listed in Add/Remove Programs. But that doesn't matter when it comes to getting updates; Windows Update will not prompt you to reinstall the updates you have already received. It will only offer you new updates, as if nothing has changed.

The only reason I can think of that a person would need to know which updates he has is if he has a pirated copy of Windows and needs to manually install updates. And even if that person does, if he accidently manually installs an update that he already has, it doesn't hurt anything; it just overwrites the previous update.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

After running the Issues scan and removing the keys related to the Hotfix Uninstallers, the Windows Updates are no longer listed in Add/Remove Programs. But that doesn't matter when it comes to getting updates; Windows Update will not prompt you to reinstall the updates you have already received. It will only offer you new updates, as if nothing has changed.

The only reason I can think of that a person would need to know which updates he has is if he has a pirated copy of Windows and needs to manually install updates. And even if that person does, if he accidently manually installs an update that he already has, it doesn't hurt anything; it just overwrites the previous update.

People with a pirated copy of Windows can use Windows Update too, there's many-a-workaround for Windows Genuine Advantage.

Do you have a hunger for tweaking? Have a sudden urge of the tweaking munchies and need to take care of it? Check out The Whistling Cricket Tweaking Restaurant.

if I understood correctly,the option "hotfixx uninstallers", when marked erase only the register of the name of the hotfixx and not the hotfixx in itself

maintaining the windows with all of the necessary hotfix for the correct operation.

if the information is correct please explains to me

thank you

No, it actually erases the HotFix uninstaller, which takes up a huge amount of space by iteself. The HotFix is still there; CCleaner doesn't touch the actual updates. It just removes the means to uninstall them, because most people don't uninstall their HotFixes, as there is little reason to do so. HotFixes are corrections to errors in Windows, so why would you want to restore those errors?

ding, ding!

now I understand

forgive my ignorance

the "hotfix uninstallers"are deleted because they are unnecessary since nobody would be crazy of wanting to delete a hotfix, right?

once again forgive my ignorance and i am sorry if i disturbing you

i would like to say that now that i understod, I think it seens to be a function highly recommended and necessary

thank you again

First off, you have absolutely zero reason to apologize, and you aren't disturbing me in the least! I like to help, and I like to be helped by others as well. And ignorance is nothing to be ashamed of; stupidity, yes, but obviously you aren't stupid.

And you are correct in your assumption; the HotFix uninstallers serve little purpose to those who don't want to remove their updates (read: most of the PC world).

ding, ding!