Government Spyware poses as Mozilla Firefox

Entirely the fault of Mozilla.

Firefox changed from User Control to Firefox control when Firefox forced browser updates without user authorisation.

At that time I anticipated the possible arrival by the new Firefox backdoor of malware / trojans / rootkits.

Government Spying could be the least of the dangers to which Firefox users are now subject.

• Moderators

Inexperienced/new internet users have all sorts of stuff coming at them these days, and unless they stumble upon a community forum of some sort, they'll never know.

And we only know some of what goes on.

New computers should come with advice to join a reputable community forum.

Thinking out loud again.

Are we ever going to see any reduction in this cloak and dagger business in our lifetimes? I've got it, let's start having some fun and train our spyglasses and cameras on every black station wagon and unmarked sedan. Does that ever make them have a B.M., you bet it does. Just love to tug on chains. What's my name? Bond, James Bond. Thanks for sharing this with us Win.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Dennis, it is almost like the 1990s, some sort of trap lurking on every server or site.

Seems like it slowed down for a while, and now the bad guys are using new approaches.

For a while they just injected some malware into your system, then the AV and antimalware apps got really smart.

Nowadays they seem to mostly set traps for the unwary.

They use the same bait as vermin exterminators, something for free. :ph34r:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.