CCleaner Desktop Icon Corrupted

Even though I have uninstalled and installed CCleaner, the desktop icon appears corrupted. There is white around its edges as if what's suppose to be transparent is not.

I'm using Windows XP Professional SP3 and CCleaner v4.01.4093 is what I have installed now.

That changed the CCleaner shortcut icon on my desktop, but now it's corrupted in a different way. The icon has a black outline of the letter "C" inside the red "C" of the icon. It appears as if it's being rendered with fewer colors.

post-3354-0-85914600-1367161973_thumb.jpg

Lookiing at the image of the icon with magnification, it appears that the "black outline" inside the red "C" is actually the color of the Desktop showing through the icon. The icon is now too transparent.

• Moderators

Maybe if you flush the icon cache that would fix it. You can do this using Microsoft Tweak UI for Windows XP (freeware) by going into Repair->Rebuild Icons

Edit:

Maybe it's just the icon itself, I don't know, but there's another topic about the new icon here where I uploaded the version 3 icon that wasn't corrupt on older oses, see here.

Edited by Andavari