CCleaner v1.27 - Beta out!

MrG

good to see 1.27 is out! thank you MrG

Did you give a donation? I just went on the CCleaner website, and it looks like it is still only offering the beta, not the actual version 1.27. Or is that what you were referring to?

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Did you give a donation? I just went on the CCleaner website, and it looks like it is still only offering the beta, not the actual version 1.27. Or is that what you were referring to?

i was reffering to the beta version, its been a long time coming compared to the other versions, so it gd to have even a beta

That is true; it is good to have a beta, and a fairly stable one at that. Not disappointed in the least. :)

ding, ding!

That is true; it is good to have a beta, and a fairly stable one at that. Not disappointed in the least. :)

ding, ding!

Is there a echo in this forum?

Yes.

Yes.

No, sorry about that. I hit send, and it showed it loading, but the page went white and nothing happened, so I went back, reloaded the page, and sent it again. I didn't get the POSTDATA message, so I didn't figure it would repeat.

I guess it just goes to show that I like the beta twice as much! :D

ding, ding!

Installed beta, and all working fine at my end - as far as I can tell this could be the final release :)

Just one teeny-tiny thing (which may have already been reported - if so, forgive me !) - when you click on 'Check for updates now..' on the main screen, the loaded page tells me a new version is available - version v1.26.218 even though the beta is 1.27.xxx.

Now, I know technically v1.27 is not a final release, so in theory v1.26.218 is a more up-to-date stable release and therefore is actually correct, but I just thought I'd point it out anyway.

B.

In the German Translation is little mistake for the Cleaning Settings. The German Translation for Self-Defined Directories and Files is "Denutzerdefinierte Dateien und Ordner". The right translation is "Benutzerdefinierte Dateien und Ordner".

Thank you Mgr. It's aweswome. No problems here. Keep up the good work. Donations will be flying your way!!

:) K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I just used ccleaner and previously i had set the option "Close program after cleaning" and DOD 5220.22-M erasing yet i just run cleaner and it was strangely quick for the amount of crap that i had in my bin(over 1gb). I checked the options and the ones i mentioned above were not set even tho i had cleaned with those options yesterday.

Is this a bug in the beta?

Is it or is it just me? Is it also possible to correct the progress bar.

I am using AntiVir.. but still on version 6..

Even though 7 is supposed to be out.. i hear / read at their forum that there are many bugs in 7.. and possibly it's Not final yet...

So i don't know...

I posted a thread their currently asking some questions about the matter...

But you can look through other threads there at their forum.. to see all the problems and bugs..

Here is an address to their (New by the way) forum.. with my thread :)

http://forum.antivir-pe.de/thread.php?threadid=1072

Just to clear up a few progress bar questions.

With the Cleaner function, the progress bar will continue to the end and then restart, it's purely a way to show you something is happening. I'm aware it's a slightly non-standard way to do things, but to have a proper 0 to 100% progress bar would slow down the cleaning a lot.

I'm going to look into restyling the way it displays.

With the Issues function it operates as a normal progress bar.

I've noticed when erasing with CCleaner 3 pass and Eraser 3 pass, same method, same approx amount of data (500MB), Eraser seems to be both faster and has a proper progress bar.

Aside from that minor issue, everything performs very, very nicely. Thank you.

I am using AntiVir.. but still on version 6..

Even though 7 is supposed to be out.. i hear / read at their forum that there are many bugs in 7.. and possibly it's Not final yet...

So i don't know...

I posted a thread their currently asking some questions about the matter...

But you can look through other threads there at their forum.. to see all the problems and bugs..

Here is an address to their (New by the way) forum.. with my thread :)

http://forum.antivir-pe.de/thread.php?threadid=1072

I installed that 7.0 .. AntiVir..

Working OK for me.. Seems like anyhow..

Then - lol - ya.. Cleaning New AntiVir 7.0 .. - in 1.27 Release of CC .. (or future version(s)) - Would be Nice ;)

Thanks

What are the risks of the hotfix uninstaller removal? thx

The only "risk" is not being able to uninstall your Windows Updates. If you get Windows Updates and keep them on your computer, you have no reason not to check the box to have them removed. All they do is take up massive amounts of space.

ding, ding!

Hi guys, there's been a slight delay getting the next version out as I'm moving house and the broadband isn't enabled in the new place yet.

I'll try and get something out ASAP. :)

No problem, is the final change log the same as the beta obviously minus any bugs? B) .