CCleaner Community Forums
hazelnut

Microsoft advises removal of this update

If you have issues after this months Win Updates on Windows 7 it could be because of this update.

Microsoft is advising all users to uninstall it.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/04/12/patch-tuesday-fatal-system-error/

Reading the comments under the article seems some are still being offered it even after removing it

Thanks.

I failed to remove the update. Thanks to Registry Backup (www.tweaking.com (one shameless plug for this program) was able to restore the registry to the situation of april 10. Then I searched for new updates. And Windows Update told me which updates to re-install and this particular update wasn't (pre-)selected.

Hello: I noticed on Microsoft's e-mail update message that if the updates were installed automatically (with update settings preset to Automatically Update then) there was no need to uninstall the ones they recommended uninstalling except if they were manually installed. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Also, I noticed cookies and past history are not removed in Google Chrome. Any clue would help. Thanks and have a great weekend.

It clears cookies and past history in Google Chrome now. Worked when I received 2 more updates from Microsoft after the recent Win 7 Updates.

Thanks for the many tips in the forum.