Fav Bands and Music

kobrakommander56

• Moderators

how can people listen to death/black/whatever else you want to call it metal? To me bands that put themselves under that tag just seem to always suck. Most of their songs try to be so heavy that they sound stupid, I mean how many songs can you stand about death, torture, hell, satan, ect. Most of those songs are repetetive as hell and come off cheesy to me.

I started liking black metal and death metal purely for the guitar's and the overall melody, and let's be frank it may be in a genre called "metal" however in reality it's just heavy rock music. A misconception is that it's "all" about death, torture, satanism (thank braindead shitheads like the PRMC for spreading infested bulls**t), when in fact there's some very heavy bands that you'll never see/hear associated with such. Most of the bands I like do have a good melody, e.g.; there's still some heavy rockers that have some rhythm, most of the stuff I listen to have a sound you could at least tap your feet to while listening to it - it isn't all just random noise and guttural vocals. I've personally recorded 7 black metal and death metal demos and albums with some area bands in the past years, and thankfully they've all been good musicians with a past in other areas such as classical, classical rock, etc. I've did one all on my own which is more-or-less a random mixture of hard rock, black metal, death metal, with a twist of neo classical (listen to some of Yngwie Malmsteen for a reference of neo classical).

As for things being heavy, no I can't stand non-stop heaviness all the time, hence I throw on some 80's Deep Purple, GNR (which happened to be some heavy s**t back in the day), Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen, and the opera-like metal sound of SavaTage and Candlemass. Let the truth be known my music tastes are completely stuck and deeply rutted in the years 1980's to 1990's, the only current music I like are from bands that were around at the least by the late 1990's, current year 2000 and above "metal" bands (wouldn't really call them metal bands anymore) aren't that appealing unless they have that "old school" sound. I like my music like I like Ferrari's from the 80's and 90's, at least the old stuff I continue listening to doesn't have the damned DRM on the discs.

• Moderators

Are you telling me some of you guys sit there and actually listen to game music :blink: .

Yup. For me though it's mostly the Final Fantasy soundtracks which in reality could fit right inside a huge budget movie.

Like I said it's difficult for me not to like it being I've always had a gaming console since the first Atari I had (it's been so long I don't even remember the name of that Atari console) however I do remember when I got a Nintendo Entertainment System back in 1985 and played the hell of Namco's Pacman (em ghosts are tasty). Too bad Ms Pacman was fat, which could explain why Pacman had a thing for eating ghosts.

• Moderators

OH yeah GO 80's music!

I remember allot of fun songs from the 80's. If anyone wants to listen to some weird metal with a sort of comic relief and allot of bass guitar that will have your feet tapping and head going side to side ("bobble head syndrome") listen to some Primus, their song 'Tommy The Cat' from the 1991 CD 'Sailing The Seas Of Cheese' and 'Hamburger Train' from the 1993 CD 'Pork Soda' instantly comes to mind as some funky groovy s**t.

Primus rules! I personally like Frizzle Fry (the album). Had some good tunes on that one. Les Claypool plays a mean bass, and his singing just makes you smile.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Yup. For me though it's mostly the Final Fantasy soundtracks which in reality could fit right inside a huge budget movie.

Like I said it's difficult for me not to like it being I've always had a gaming console since the first Atari I had (it's been so long I don't even remember the name of that Atari console) however I do remember when I got a Nintendo Entertainment System back in 1985 and played the hell of Namco's Pacman (em ghosts are tasty). Too bad Ms Pacman was fat, which could explain why Pacman had a thing for eating ghosts.

Hehe, I went to the Dear Friends concert, which was the Detroit Symphony Orchestra performing the music of Final Fantasy. God it was so awesome. People were hyperventilating with excitement, lol.

IPB Image

• Moderators

I was going to and then I started playing socom 3... The game is like a drug man! I was shooting people with ak47s I was throwing he grenages and hitting people with them right in the face. I was driving tanks over people.

I'm an addict.

A little off current topic, but I forgot to mention that I also like the music from the old Doom games (namely Ultimate Doom), even thought they were crappy-ass midis, and the music from Warcraft II. WCII was also a CD Extra, so I put it on a casette tape years ago and listened to it to put me to sleep. Good stuff.

Both games were good for their time, too.

ding, ding!

I love everything except for classical. I even love country!! I essentially define good music as something that makes you dance.

Some of my Favs: Bob Marley, Rusted Root, Phish, Doors, Beatles, Grateful Dead, Prince ;) .

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I love everything except for classical.

No classical? Well I like some movie soundtracks that are just music (not sure if you call that classical; I do, but maybe that's the wrong term). For example, I absolutely love the soundtrack for Gladiator, and the movie too for that matter. I also like the music from Matrix Revolutions (kind of classical mixed with techno). I know it's a little strange, since I also love bands like Mushroomhead, but I like variety.

And most people around me like music that doesn't make me dance. :D

ding, ding!

No classical? Well I like some movie soundtracks that are just music (not sure if you call that classical; I do, but maybe that's the wrong term). For example, I absolutely love the soundtrack for Gladiator, and the movie too for that matter. I also like the music from Matrix Revolutions (kind of classical mixed with techno). I know it's a little strange, since I also love bands like Mushroomhead, but I like variety.

And most people around me like music that doesn't make me dance. :D

Bummer! <_<

Need to change that.

;) K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

That's why I'm a headbanger; don't need to know how to dance. :)

ding, ding!

I like techno, and trance, the whole E-popping scene music.

Drink lots of fluids. :D (You may, or may not get that one)

K