quirky issues with IE10 after running v4.00.4064 for the first time

I used CCleaner on my old PC without issue for years.

However, having run the new v4 on my weeks old Windows 8 (64) PC, I've been left with two quirky issues with Internet Explorer 10.

• Firstly the "messages" page in facebook remains blank, having had the blue circle for a couple for seconds.
  • Secondly the "sign out" link on ebay no longer appears so there's no convenient way of signing out.

I installed Chrome and these problems are not present, even after running CC4.

Does anybody have any idea what's happened?

There was a similar problem on IE10 on Windows 7 where certain websites would not load properly after running CCleaner. The problem was solved in the new v4.0 release so I am sure they will be fixing it on Windows 8 as well. Look under the thread lower on the page titled "IE10 on W7 Bug" for info. Try going into Internet Options on IE10 and delete Cookies and Website data to fix the problem and then uncheck everything under IE on CCleaner when you run it or the error will reoccur. You will have to use Internet Options on IE10 to delete things until the problem is corrected.

Many thanks for the reply.

I searched before I posted, but hadn't realised the problem was already known.

I haven't been able to get IE10 back to how it used to be by following your instructions however.

But I do prefer Chrome anyway!

• Moderators

Samal is not correct.

1 the issue is with Internet Explorer and not ccleaner (any eraser does it)

2 the issue is very old (as far back as ie7 if not further, and may not effect everyone the same amount/version-of-ie

3 the issue is usually tied to history or cache corruption (so those and index.dat are the only things you need to troubleshoot: uncheck each one, one at a time, clean and try internet explorer if not those try each entry, you'll find it)

4 the issue may or may-not be related to having the Internet Explorer setting for cleaning up after last close.

To fix there are two ways

1) Restart the computer

2) open internet options (from control panel if you have too) and delete settings should be right there.

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It might be a different problem if you still have an error after deleting everything under Internet Options. Maybe try resetting IE in Internet Options. If that doesn't work then I am out of ideas other than reinstalling IE. If you prefer Chrome then I would just use that for the time being anyway.

I wasn't placing blame. Was just saying that there was a compatibility problem with IE10 on Windows 7 and CCleaner v3.8 that wasn't around on IE9. Everything works fine again after the v4.0 release. I thought this might be a similar problem so I told him what worked for me.

Ok, quick update:

IE10 is back to normal now, following the Internet Options > General > Delete instructions above.

It only worked after unticking the "Preserve Favourites website data" box. Must say, it is slightly counter-intuitive to have to untick a box to delete something on a page of ticked delete boxes. All became clear after actually reading what the options did :-)

Haven't used CC4 since, but having now used Chrome on my new PC, I can't see me rushing back to IE10 anyway...

If I can narrow down which CC4 option causes the problem I will report back.

Many thanks for the advice Samal48 and Nergal.