I can't find a driver for my Sony laptop

NourinE

Hello !

I had to reinstall Windows 8 which came with my laptop. And after that I've been looking for two unknown devices for awhile after formatting my laptop with Windows 8.

I couldn't find them, but after windows updates:

1. one was automatically installed, but now.

2. I can't find just one, and appears as UNKNOWN DEVICE. (look at the picture)

3. another with a white question mark. (look at the picture)

I need your help.

post-20139-0-92960900-1364585193_thumb.png

post-20139-0-11854900-1364585200_thumb.png

• Moderators

Try this to see if it gives any info at all: Right-click, select Properties. You can search for drivers from within Properties, and also post the screenshot.

Your best luck for finding drivers would be on the PC manufacturer website, and if you only recently got the computer I'd imagine they could assist you for free or even remotely install the correct driver - it's call a warranty.

• Moderators

also, being brand new, hopefully it prompted you to make some CD/DVD's when you first turned it on.

or there would have been a Create Recovery Disks (or similar) icon somewhere (Desktop, Start screen - not sure with Win8).

any chance you did that - as that should have saved the OS, drivers and Sony supplied apps to those DVD's.

otherwise Andavasri is right, you will need to go to the Sony website, plug in your model number and OS type and eliminate the drivers you already have working and look at the 'weird' ones, like Fingerprint sensors, or Card Readers etc.

Basically, cross off whatever you currently do have and get the rest.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Try this to see if it gives any info at all: Right-click, select Properties. You can search for drivers from within Properties, and also post the screenshot.

Your best luck for finding drivers would be on the PC manufacturer website, and if you only recently got the computer I'd imagine they could assist you for free or even remotely install the correct driver - it's call a warranty.

do you think I can choose from the list in the screenshot below?

http://s9.postimg.org/4aazx09m7/Capture3.png

many thanks for you all.

finally, I installed the right driver it was Sony Wireless State Device.

but, I don't know why the question mark appears on Bluetooth Peripheral Device !