CCleaner 4.00.4064 will not install on Windows 2000

• Moderators

This is clear when reading the system requirements as of version 4, though I do wish it was listed in the change log.

Not a bug

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Were is the System Requirements listed, searched piriform.com. On FileHippo.Com it still lists windows 2000.

Sence it does an auto-update by itself, how did I know that it no longer supported Widnws 2000.

Just for those who say Update my OS, I assume they only have one system - I have 8 differnet systems, running windows 2000. Vista, 7, 8, Unix and OSX.

The topic is to document the NEW requirement, noy ask help getting around it.

I agree it may not be considered a Program Bug, "per say", but why was it not listed in the Change Log by the Developers - Failing to Document all changes is a BUG in poor user notifications.

I also use Windows 2000 on a number of my computers, and dropping support for that operating system is definitely bad news. I hope they reconsider, because losing compatibility with Windows 2000 is a ccleaner bug for me, whether it's called that or not. Come on, Piriform, W2K works on even the newest hardware out there--you can restore Windows 2000 compatibility to ccleaner, you have the know-how. You can do it.

Edited by Nergal
needless font attributes removed

W2K works on even the newest hardware out there

Even on a UEFI motherboard ?

Dont fix it if it aint broke,

and since CC version 3 still works just the same on old systems, why update it ?

After all even if version 4 worked on W2K, you would NOT need it to clean the junk created by IE10.

Even on a UEFI motherboard ?

Dont fix it if it aint broke,

and since CC version 3 still works just the same on old systems, why update it ?

After all even if version 4 worked on W2K, you would NOT need it to clean the junk created by IE10.

Yes, even on a UEFI motherboard, to which I can personally attest, insofar as I am presently running Windows 2000 Professional on a Z77 motherboard / Sandy Bridge processor.

As for junk created by Internet Explorer, that is far from the only purpose served by CCleaner.

• Moderators

losing compatibility with Windows 2000 is a ccleaner bug for me, whether it's called that or not.

I think Win2k users should feel fortunate they kept support for it as long as they did.

Now I wonder when the death nail for supporting WinXP is coming. :(

If I had to guess, I'd say CCleaner v5.0?

98 support was dropped with 3.0, 4.0 killed off 2000 (and presumably ME)

Given that major version number has been bumped every 2½-3 years, it seems the likely conclusion that in 2015, Piriform might drop support for Windows XP. :lol:

Now I wonder when the death nail for supporting WinXP is coming.

i hope no, but if thats so, whatever, than i take the last version running on xp :D

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"