CCleaner Pro price seems unclear

Saiph

I've just been informed that there's a new version of CCleaner free edition available, and along with the upgrade, I've been shown the options for CCleaner Professional and Business editions.

On the product selection page, the price for the Pro version is shown as $24.95, reduced from $32.95. The price is shown as a one-time payment, with no time limit, and no mention of any extra fees. Clicking on the "Download" button for the Pro version takes you to the basket page, where the customer enters their order details and payment details, and again there is no mention of any time limit or extra fees.

And yet on another CCleaner Pro page, there is a mention of a "1-year license". And looking at the actual license agreement for CCleaner Pro, section 4 "Update Services" mentions "applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year".

So what is the actual cost of CCleaner Pro? Is it just a simple one-time payment of $24.95? Or does that payment only last for one year? And if you need support for the Pro version, is it free, or are other fees applicable?

Thanks for any clarification you can give.

• 1 year later...

I've just been informed that there's a new version of CCleaner free edition available, and along with the upgrade, I've been shown the options for CCleaner Professional and Business editions.

On the product selection page, the price for the Pro version is shown as $24.95, reduced from $32.95. The price is shown as a one-time payment, with no time limit, and no mention of any extra fees. Clicking on the "Download" button for the Pro version takes you to the basket page, where the customer enters their order details and payment details, and again there is no mention of any time limit or extra fees.

And yet on another CCleaner Pro page, there is a mention of a "1-year license". And looking at the actual license agreement for CCleaner Pro, section 4 "Update Services" mentions "applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year".

So what is the actual cost of CCleaner Pro? Is it just a simple one-time payment of $24.95? Or does that payment only last for one year? And if you need support for the Pro version, is it free, or are other fees applicable?

Thanks for any clarification you can give.

I stumbled over this 'older' forum thread - because for me, as well, it was a bit unclear.

https://www.piriform.com/legal/software-license/ccleaner-professional says

//

4. UPDATE SERVICES

Subject to your payment of the applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year, Piriform shall from time to time, via its website, make available new versions of the Product for you to download and use (the "Update Services").

//

I have not yet been able to find the amounts of the 'applicable annual update fees' and/ or  'support fees'.

Maybe they are identical to the initial purchase price?

Often users have multiple PC's.  Piriform may consider to introduce 1 license for 1-3 pc's and 1 for upto 5 etc.

=

april 2014 discount  $5 -> $19.95 ..

later: I found additional info on Newegg - under reviews of CCleaner Pro.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832992001

Piriform should indeed state that it is an annual fee.

a) It is not listed at the download page : http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

B) when I click on 'Buy' on the basket-page, there is not a single word about annual subscription.

=

• 3 years later...

If you go: Piriform --> HOME --> LEGAL --> Software License for CCleaner Professional -->

4. UPDATE SERVICES

Subject to your payment of the applicable annual update fees and support fees for the relevant year, Piriform shall from time to time, via its website, make available new versions of the Product for you to download and use (the "Update Services"). Nothing in this Agreement entitles you to receive any support, maintenance, updates, upgrades, content or new versions of the Product, unless you are a paying customer with a current subscription.

So it's not a one-time payment. Just stick to the free version. It's just as good :)