Recycle bin not totally empty after CCleaner run

warmth

Since almost 6 month ago I have been experiencing that CCleaner (even with 3.28.1913) doesn't clean and clear all my recycle bin. Some items always remain there and I have to manually empty it. I thought it was going to be an easy bug to solve so I never reported it but now that I have seen it over and over again on each new version I think it is time to talk about it.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hyHetFnI1gWk7TDFWNe7t7Z

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

CAREFUL.

The link in the quote box in nodles post 2 above causes avast to pop up warning of a malicious URL.

Has happened here twice. Win 7 IE9.

But you are allowed to connect to the site.

Same thing happens in Kroozers linked post.

I have pictures & some details if needed.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

@warmth

As you are using Win 7 just follow the tutorial here. Chose either method 1 or Method 2 (whichever you feel more comfortable with)

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/131294-recycle-bin-corrupted-cannot-delete-file-folder.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

CAREFUL.

The link in the quote box in nodles post 2 above causes avast to pop up warning of a malicious URL.

I get the same thing Login. Without displaying the name and the address, the cause is some traffic counting link which Avast blocks completely if you try to go there directly.

Are traffic counters malware? A pain in the ass at the very least.

A good heads up and warning for folk all the same Login. :)

• Moderators

Are traffic counters malware? A pain in the ass at the very least.

no but they usually aren't liked to a shady website like that one is (or really any website)

I've post meddled in Kroozer's original post and in nodles' above; the danger warned about in post 3 and 5 are no longer linked, as I have added the tutorial into a local post.

Edited by Nergal

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 4 months later...

Didn't receive any notifications of your replies. I was getting tired of this "bug" so I decided to come here again after updating to the latest version.

Thanks for your replies in the first place. I'm checking the solutions now but I have a question: Shouldn't CCleaner do this check before running? If it detects a problem it should suggest the fix and/or then auto-solve the issue.

That's what robust software do, IMHO.

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Well guys, bad news.

Tried both methods here, as recommended, with the described results and nothing worked. I still see the recycle bin with files and CCleaner says it's empty.

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

• Moderators

looks like we may have jumped over a step, in options for ccleaner is the box to delete only old recycle bin items enabled or disabled?

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Oh dear!!

Do you have any external drives attached?

None. The more similar stuff are the virtual drives of Daemon, not to mention Skydrive, Dropbox, Bitcasa, etc. that work as synced folders.

looks like we may have jumped over a step, in options for ccleaner is the box to delete only old recycle bin items enabled or disabled?

My bad. When was that option included that I didn't notice it O.o Already working perfectly. I will let you know if anything goes wrong. Thanks.

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

• Moderators

@warmth I'll ignore the fact that you edited without clicking edit checkmark and that your original response to me was un-nice, to minimize it; I'm glad you found what I meant. I think it was added near the end of 3.x branch of ccleaner