Deleting Google Cache ?

tape342

Google remembers every word you ever searched for in a cache. You can see this by searching for example for the word "airplane".

Close Google, now press "A" and you will see the word "Airplane" appear on a pulldown menu.

gMail will also list every email address you have communicated with, even in other programs such as MS Outlook Express.

Just the kind of s**t Big Brother likes to know about us.

Can CCleaner delete these cache files ?

I am using 1.26.218 and see that they DO NOT.

Will a future version provide this feature ?

Can someone in the forum suggest a free program that can do this ?

Thanks.

Not the Google Toolbar, the Google Web page itself.

That's nothing to do with Google. It's the autocomplete history, which is saved by Internet Explorer.

CCleaner already does what you want, just select the Autocomplete Form History option. This deletes both your form inputs and your passwords. This is the caveat. You can also do the same thing in Internet Explorer, in the Internet Options dialog box choose the Content tab and click on the Autocomplete button. This gives you a finer choice than CCleaner. Unlike CCleaner, you can delete your plain-text form input history (such as what goes into the Google search text box) but keep your passwords saved.

Klitos

That's nothing to do with Google. It's the autocomplete history, which is saved by Internet Explorer.

CCleaner already does what you want, just select the Autocomplete Form History option. This deletes both your form inputs and your passwords. This is the caveat. You can also do the same thing in Internet Explorer, in the Internet Options dialog box choose the Content tab and click on the Autocomplete button. This gives you a finer choice than CCleaner. Unlike CCleaner, you can delete your plain-text form input history (such as what goes into the Google search text box) but keep your passwords saved.

Klitos

Thanks - that did it.

Ah, yes, but it doesn't remove every email adress you have ever communicated with in GMail.

As I understand it, this is actually held on Google's server, and not on your local machine. Gmail uses some clever Javascript. Javascript has no read access to any files on your PC (other than cookies.)

Google dont save your search queries, that is your web browser who saves them because you have the "save form" feature enabled.

If you dont like that feature, then you can disable it in your web browser.

CCleaner also has functionality, to clear that.

However, I do not like the Google cookie either, so I delete it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• 11 years later...

My licensed CCleaner Pro killed my google toolbar saved searches functions. As I have no drop-down menu of remembered searches since installing CCleaner Pro. Google will start to save searches while using Google toolbar until I reboot or come back from sleep mode and all the searches are deleted. I can’t have this. I would rather drop the use of CCleaner then lose google toolbar functions since no one else seems to offer such a great web based toolbar app. Please tell me what settings will correct this situation before I find myself just ending up deleting CCleaner because of this situation.

OK, turned off the app as it is still installed on my PC but being it is no longer monitoring or deleing anything even the tray icon is gone my google toolbar app searches now appear and are kept in the dropdown as they are designed to do. Now no one has answered my post on how to set CCleaner so it doesn't stop my Google toolbar from collecting and saving searches in the dropdown. HELP PLEASE