Users of CoolerMaster HAF XB Case

Tasgandy

Is anyone using a CoolerMaster HAF XB case?

If so what is your opinion re the noise level of the two standard 120mm - 21dBA fans as supplied with the case

I have heard of several people replacing these as supplied fans after a while with 14dBA fans, they considered them to noisy!

Any other comments will be gratefuly accepted as I have just ordered one of these cases

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

instead of the 2 120mm's at the front, i put 1 on top and 1 on the bottom and found it had no more noise than any other PC.

granted, i had seen (heard?) quieter units but it was by no means loud.

i only had it for a few hours while it was being built and tested and haven't been back to see it since but if you do find the noise level unacceptable, good, quiet fans that do 7dB's, and 700 RPM are about $30.

swapping the fan would not put me off that case, it looks pretty cool fully setup. :unsure:

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Many thanks mta for your reply. Coming from a convential desk top to a Testbed type enviroment I am expecting some increase in fan noise levels, I'll just turn the volume up, however I have taken your comments on board re 7dBA fans.

I have ordered the case with optional 200mm fan for the top and 2 x 80mm fans for the rear.

Only time will tell if these optional fans coupled with the standard 2 x 120mm fans and the PSU fan cause me to chase down some 7dBA's

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• 2 weeks later...

mta and those interested in the following: re fan noise from the HAF XB CoolMaster Test bench case.

Have been running this test bench case now for 2 weeks and one can definately hear the fans - 3 x 120mm, 2 x 80mm plus 1 x 120mm power supply fan, one would expect to hear them however, the sound generated is not objectionable to me, It reminds me of a typical small Server noise.

Most of the noise appears to come from the "standard" 2 x 120mm case fans shipped with the CoolMaster Case and I am sure they are only "el-cheapo's", so If necessary I shall replace them with a couple of Enermax Twister Bearing Silence 120mm PWM Fan http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_510&products_id=17040 @ 500RPM they run about 8dBA

Unfortunately I was not able to use/install the 200mm "top" case fan as here in Aus. my supplier I use does not offer the HAF XB case with the optional gauze top that one can fit a 200mm fan. My top is a solid "see through" top so I now have a spare 200mm fan.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy