Comodo Dragon 23.2 includes Comodo Privalert

Andavari

• Moderators

Andavari I hope you have kept up to date with that Wilders thread.

Such as to what, people liking Privalert or something else?

I've read through that topic, and even looked at the link that goes to the Comodo forums but the only concern I've even seen mentioned is it "phoning home", but then again it updates regularly - perhaps daily.

Some users report up to 90% of ads being blocked via Privalert.

Why would you want to remove large flashing ads that gobble your bandwidth, time, & take up the whole page your trying to look at? :(

Ads are so cool! I wish books came with them too! (kidding)

• Moderators

This has to be the longest you've stuck with a browser big man.

I actually liked Dragon a lot, but couldn't get used to those couple of features it was lacking in comparison to Opera and Firefox.

And once again, can I hell remember what they were. If anyone has a need to know, I'll wrack the old brain cells. (In other words I'll pm Andavari as he's sure to remember when I mentioned this to him a while back)

• Moderators

I have to stick with it, I'm not dealing with Firefox issues ever again. The unthinkable for me is if Dragon ever gives me enough issues (which so far it hasn't as of yet) to abandon it I'd use Internet Explorer which I haven't used in some 15 years, although I would absolutely dread having to use IE.

I remember what you really didn't like about Dragon: It didn't open your clicked links in a new tab or something very similar.

That missing feature still bugs me and I wish they'd make it a tickable option at the very least. It's sort of difficult to go from something so configurable like Opera or Firefox to a Chromium-based browser which seems very basic and mundane in user available adjustments. Edit: That is until you realise there isn't much you can screw up in it because they've more-or-less locked the hood not allowing you to tinker under the hood.

• Moderators

Andavari's spot on.

Switching immediately to a tab newly opened by right clicking, isn't written into the browsers code, which is a very strange omission.

It's easily overcome with a neat little extension (which is worth it's weight in gold), called "Tabs To The front" ...

https://chrome.googl...nkhggjmacjlacla

Which I've just added to my newly installed Dragon 23.4.

Press Ctrl+Shift and left click a link. Or press Shift and click a link with your middle mouse button (or mousewheel).

Opens the link in a new tab and switches to the newly opened tab.

Link to the available shortcuts.

http://help.comodo.c...odo-Dragon.html

Link to the topic at the Comodo forum.

https://forums.comod...b-t89439.0.html

• Moderators

I appreciate your efforts Jamin, and I hope you don't think you've wasted your time, but I've already looked into all the options for switching automatically to a newly opened tab, including all the available "hot key" options.

I've no intention of jumping through those little hoops to do what all other browsers do with one click. The fact that there's a very popular and widely used extension which does this with one click, shows what a huge omission this simple feature is.

"Tabs To The Front" uses only 724k of memory.

I'm re-learning some of the other Dragon shortcomings at the moment. Imported bookmarks are an absolute pain in the backside to access. With Opera, Firefox, and it's sister Palemoon, I can set them up so that clicking the bookmarks button gives me my list of bookmarks.

With Dragon, I have to navigate through two menu's which march me right across the screen to get to that list.

These are such ridiculously simple things to put right, but nothing has changed since I tried it last time.

Thanks for your help but I think I'm remembering why I binned it the first time.

I remember what you really didn't like about Dragon: It didn't open your clicked links in a new tab or something very similar.

That missing feature still bugs me and I wish they'd make it a tickable option at the very least.

Can't you pull that off by using middle click on links?

As you can open a new tab in Firefox in any of these ways, see if any of the following work for you:

1) Middle-Click

2) Right-Click + T

3) Right-Click/Open Link in New Tab

4) CTRL + Left Click

5) CTRL + Middle Click

6) ALT + Middle Click

7) Shift + Middle Click (Unlike the rest, opens tab in the foreground, instead of the background)

8) Shift + Left Click (Opens page in a new window)

I am aware of that.

But many browsers use similar (standard) ways to do things.

Such as CTRL + P for print, CTRL + S for save, or CTRL + O for open.

I only posted what works in Firefox, in the hopes that perhaps one of them will work also for you in the browser your using.