Palemoon cleaning +reaseting context menu for folder

hey it would be nice if you piriform team would add support for the cleaning of Palemoon browser in upcoming update, because its the only browser i use and i noticed while compressing a backup copy of it, that on 500 mb, there was up to between 370 and 400 mb that is only cookie and other kind of crap. and also, i messed up with the ''open'' action in the context menu of folder : now when double-cliking on a folder inside another folder, instead of switching directly to the content of the second folder, it open in a new window, i wasn't able to get it back to normal and it would be great if piriform team could find a way to add support for resseting to default messed-up context menu ...and maybe also reaseting default icon for file , like when the default icon of dozen of file type are messed up. thank you in advence .

• Moderators

I believe palemoon is covered by the browser section of its parent code (Firefox/Mozilla). Is your browser installed in the default location for palemoon.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

there was up to between 370 and 400 mb that is only cookie and other kind of crap..

That sounds like a gross miss-representation of the facts.

I only use Palemoon on my Windows 7 system.

The installed Palemoon profile consists of

172 MB held in :- C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\4qbu47br.default

+35 MB held in :- C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\4qbu47br.default

The 172 MB is entirely due to a 100 MB Cache folder that I have not recently cleaned plus a couple of URLClassifier files that should not be deleted

CCleaner zaps the entire 100 MB Cache when I run it.

So far as I am aware all my cookies (other than Adobe Flash rubbish) are held in a 1 MByte file "cookies.sqlite" located at

C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\4qbu47br.default

I strongly suspect that your 370 to 400 MB is nothing to do with cookies in the ...\Roaming\... branch of the profile, but the Cache(s) in the ...\Local\... branch.

and also, i messed up with the ''open'' action in the context menu of folder ...

Is this anything to do with Palemoon ?

If not then it merits a new paragraph - not a continuation of a solid block of text.

I believe palemoon is covered by the browser section of its parent code (Firefox/Mozilla). Is your browser installed in the default location for palemoon.

This.

Which CCleaner, Palemoon and OS version are you using?

Other Supported Browsers

K-Meleon, Rockmelt, Flock, Google Chrome Canary, Chromium, SeaMonkey, Chrome Plus, SRWare Iron, Pale Moon, Phoenix, Netscape Navigator, Avant and Maxthon.

ok so,Nergal: my palemoon is a portable version and i have sevaral copy of it on some usb, and 2 computer.\ Nodles: i mostly try to keep the newest version of Ccleaner and the newest version of my palemoon. \Alan_B: to make thing clear before i continue, i use palemoon on a windows xp sp3 and my issue with the context menu of folder is on an older computer, basicaly, this one is a windows xp sp2 but i think its of egual power as windows xp sp1 (because its an old computer that i only use for playing diablo 2, total annihilation and other somewhat old game).\ Winnap2.ini : i will try .\Nergal : the reason why i writed writed on piriform is precisely doubth about support for palemoon cleaning.\ Alan_B : so what is the total size of all your palemoon browser reunited togheter? because mine is near 507 mb .

• Moderators

CustomLocationX=FIREFOX|Drive-Letter:\Portable Folder\Pale Moon\Data\Profile

Where Drive-Letter:\Portable Folder\Pale Moon\Data\Profile is the full path to your profile(s)

i.e. for my portable firefox i have

CustomLocation2=FIREFOX|M:\firefox\Data\profile

Documentaion is http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

works for chrome and firefox (and their varients)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I have only one installed browser which is PaleMoon 15.2

It has a total of 48.0 MB (50,373,516 bytes) in 469 files within C:\Program Files (x86)\Pale Moon

This has its profile in two branches (much like Firefox)

35 MB is held in C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon

and is mostly 20 MB of Extensions + 15 MB of various *.SQLITE database files.

168 MB is held in C:\Users\Alan\AppData\Local\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon

of which 100 MB are cache folders which are purged before archiving plus 68 MB in urlclassifier files

The grand total of my installation is 48 + 35 + 68 = 151 MB when cleaned and ready for a backup.

I also have Portable Palemoon on my secondary HDD

The main chunks are :-

905 MB in Cache which I rarely bother to clean

118 MB in Downloads

35 MB in BIN (executables)

35 MB in various *.SQLITE database files.

23 MB in Bookmark backups

10 MB in Extensions

I could easily purge the cache and the downloads folder to trim Portable Palemoon down to 105 MB if I wished.

• Moderators

? Alan what does that mean toward an answer here?

edit nevermind I see the OP asked

Edited by Nergal
am bad at reading

now still remain my issue whit the context menu of foldre who is upside down.

This should really be in the Discussion area because you need help.

It does not seem to me to be a recommendation for an improvement of CCleaner hence it is not a suggestion.

I suggest you start in the general discussion forum a new topic that is self-contained.

It should identify your Operating System,

and clearly describe the problem.

I just cannot understand what you mean by "upside down",

Is it a vertically inverted order of lines,

Or are the individual characters rendered upside down.

Is it a specific folder, or every folder in the computer.

How do you select the folder to access its context menu ?

Is it related to Palemoon ?

e.g.

I use Palemoon to download a file from the Internet,

then I use Palemoon > Tools > Downloads

and that lists the files that have been download and I can select any file in the list,

and right click for a context menu with 6 off options that include "Go to Download Page" and "Open Containing Folder".

If I select "Open Containing Folder" then Windows Explorer shows what Windows is holding in the download folder,

and in this view the original selected file is shown with the same name.

When I right click on Windows Explorer's display of this file I get a context menu of 10 options,

none of which are "Go to Download Page" or "Open Containing Folder",

and 2 of the 10 are greyed out.

Alan_b, i messed up with the 'open' action in the context menu of folder file and im no longer able to open a new folder in the same window. im on a w.xp.sp.2, it afect every folder on the computer, nothing to do with palemoon, i basicali alway doubleclic on a folder to open it as it is setted to be like that. and what the actual hell with your ''go to download page'' context menu action in your folders context menu ?

• Moderators

Croc, Now you can first hand see the issue with posting two separate issues in one thread.

How about this, yes there is salvation for your context menu issue, and I'm sure someone of the many people on this forum know the answer, however you're going to have much trouble getting the answer in this thread as most people will see Palemoon and if they've no knowledge of palemoon, not give the thread a look.

To boot, as Alan_B has become living proof of, many of those who actually do read the question and the last few posts would be likely to think you are a talking about in Palemoon.

Less words version: You should, and need to, start a separate thread on the context menu issue in the Software board of this forum. When you do so, please provide screen shots of the issue, if it has visible signs.

Edited by Nergal

• Moderators

Just in case it's a quick fix go to control panel and select folder options.

Make sure 'open each folder in the same window' is selected.

see reply 3 and 6 ;)