Google online reviewers must use own name

hazelnut

• Moderators

What, they don't already know who's posting via cookies, geolocation, someone being signed in, etc. :huh: Some people don't want to use their real names online.

Edit:

Although the article states "anti-bullying" that's how having an online handle can protect some youngsters from being targeted by bullies they deal with for instance in school.

Edited by Andavari

My initial reaction to this policy is to Hell with "Giggle" as they, along with the government have preserved every keystroke in their secret, heavily guarded facilities. Eighteen acres of mainframes underground at Fort Meade, MD I understand. Oh well, I guess they win, I'll give up and be a good citizen. My real name is Rumpelstiltskin.

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

Hello To My Dear Friends,

Can I respond collectively to all here? Hi There Win, I'm flattered by the compliment. I signed off yesterday before getting your post. Hey, it's been too long. How about dropping me a PM when you get a chance. Door's always open. Hope you were not affected adversely by Sandra up your way. I'm doing alright for an old duffer. Trying to keep the buzzards from picking my bones. That's right Dennis, you're easily found. The U.K. is the spy camera capitol of the world. Smile! Login, don't lose too much sleep over it. The U. S. Marshals are pretty good at what they do. Everybody have a nice day and I'm gone to see the Wizard. :-)

If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain. (Emily Dickinson-1830-1886)

The public toilets in our town were recently updated and the overhead water tanks removed.

The use no longer pulls a dangling chain after use,

but waves the hand in front of a tiny window about 30 cm above the toilet seat.

What is behind the tiny window ?

Schizoid Paranoia strikes -

Is it a photo-electric control mechanism ?

Or is it a series of mirrors that lets the toilet attendant see when it is time to operate the chains and pulleys :o

• Moderators

but waves the hand in front of a tiny window about 30 cm above the toilet seat.

At the medical place I visit they have one of those newage sinks which took me a bit to figure out how to operate, and I can only imagine how it will annoy someone much older then me. The thing annoyed me enough to start a small bit of obscenities I was speaking like "how the eff does this effing thing work", etc. Little did I know the bathroom walls must be paper thin because when I walked out of the bathroom many of the people were laughing.

I'm however 150% in favour of automatic flushing toilets, I certainly never want to see what the last person left in it.

Or is it a series of mirrors that lets the toilet attendant see when it is time to operate the chains and pulleys :o

:lol: :lol: Never would've thought of that! George #2 has finished, operate the chains and pulleys. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Andavari

Hello To All,

Hi back to you Login. You owe me a PM also. This must be Archie Bunker day. Alan, I can't believe you just recently got rid of those antiquated toilets and yes those are photo-electric devices. Just try to keep your mug out from it in case you're being on Candid Camera. These public toilets are a nightmare. When I was young and we would take a trip and have to stop my Dad threatened to take a flame thrower to a couple. We developed a handle called the Texaco Station Syndrome. When I was on the road I would take a little bag filled with toilet lid covers, small can of Lysol, antibacterial soap, tissues and yes a small roll of toilet paper as some would be out. I'd rather search out a wooded area to do business but know your vegetation. Hell, Grandma's outhouse was safer, just make friends with the snakes and spiders. Just yesterday I used one of the modern facilities and had a hard time figuring out how to use it. Win, I'm afraid to ask you what that is. All this makes me want to visit the litter box so I better close and write some letters. All my dear friends please have a nice day and charge it to me. :-)