can't watch some videos on youtube

aqua

XP is now for researchers delving into XPs' older abilities, not for people who want up-to-date services. XPs' support has been discontinued by Windows.

I don't think so. I do mega-productive work on several XP machines, and support isn't going to end for another year yet anyways.

• Moderators

@Andavari, I have an ATI card, so I don't think that is the problem. Also, intel integrated graphics on one system.

I would have to say that it may have to do with the recent DRM intro'd to the newer flash versions.

(As well as the ballooning flash size to a whopping 15 MB download)

Please research before commenting on something you think you know about. Since you have an ATI card that's why you aren't experiencing problems. I know firsthand about it because I actually have an Nvidia display card, and regardless of the Nvidia driver versions (upgrading them / downgrading them doesn't help) the problem still exists because it was an annoying bug Adobe squashed earlier this year but only to re-introduce it again! The bug mostly causes very annoying video playback issues, however it can even crash the whole computer regardless of modern web-browsers running the plugin in a separate process.

Just search the web for Nvidia video playback problems using Adobe Flash Player to have the info revealed to you! This is just one search, using different keywords will reveal more.

One way to "workaround" the bug is to find a video that Flash Player will actually play, then right click to get into the Flash Player settings and turn-off Hardware Acceleration - doing that of course means you need to exclude the Flash Player settings.sol file (located in the AppData folder) in cleaning programs like CCleaner, etc., to retain those settings.

Please research before commenting on something you think you know about. Since you have an ATI card that's why you aren't experiencing problems.

Actually, if you view post #20, I did have problems playing the video when attempting to the 1st time through youtube (where he had the problem playing).

I'd say which youd know if you researched, but that would be too funny! :D

Apologies if my post seemed confusing. You have to read the post prior to understand. I thought it would be safe to eliminate video cards from the list, so I mentioned DRM.

Hmmmm... Guess you thought I meant that I had no problems playing it because of how it was worded. Sorry for that!

and do you have host file and simple adblock installed?

No host file, no adblock.

Fwiw, I just got on here using win xp, ie8, no flash player whatsoever. New system.

Could not even see the videos in your post.

Installed version 11.5.502.124, both videos play fine from within the post and from a new link.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I don't know where to go next. Somebody will, though. Probably Andavari.

The one bit of help I can offer is to try suggestions starting from an (almost) new installation of xp & see if they work.

If you want to try something that doesn't require a restart, I'll try it.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.