Ccleaner won't launch on 10.8.2

Shadowman

CCleaner Version 1.05.189, on OSX 10.8.2.

Very similar to issue in pinned thread http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=35255

But I already tried checking the fonts like it said in that thread; I have all of the fonts enabled. That's not the problem. Also tried re-installing, restarting, etc.

Basically, I try to start CCleaner and then nothing happens. The Icon bounces around in the Dock but ccleaner never actually fully launches. Eventually I have to force quit. This started occurring since I installed the update to the current version.

I previously had a working version of CC (don't remember which version number) on the same OS version -- I tried to install the new one and it never worked. If I have to, I can go back to the older version if it's available for download somewhere. I see someone recently posted the same issue at the bottom of the thread I linked above but no response is available. Did that person ever find a solution? Anyone else?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shadowman,

Yeah, I've had virtually the same problem using CCleaner version 1.05.189 for the past several months running on OSX 10.7.5 (Lion) and have been casually keeping my eyes on this forum to see what, if at all, anyone has learned regarding this issue.

As a precaution, I always save ALL previous versions of CCleaner once downloaded. I too, am going to revert back to the previous major released version, which as I'm looking at my files appears to be CCLeaner version 1.04.148 or at least that is the only previous version I have. Which as a matter of fact I just installed while typing my reply here to see the exact version number. As expected, this version (1.04.148) opened IMMEDIATELY without a slight bit of hesitation or bouncing going on in the Dock. I certainly hope developers will be reading this to do some sort of compare between the two versions discussed here to hopefully learn what is their differences as to why they get stuck and never open.

A final note (observation), CCleaner version 1.05.189 will eventually open and function on my OSX version 10.7.5 (Lion), IF you let your Mac just sit and do nothing for about 5 to 10 min. Not sure of the exact amount of time, but it does eventually open. Is this reasonable, no, but it may be a useful observation in helping to resolve this problem.

Hope this helps.

At the time of this writing I've reverted back to CCleaner version 1.04.148 which opens immediately with no apparent problems running on OSX 10.7.5. I'm more than happy to make this pervious version available to all, if Piriform does not have a immediately available archive link to previous build versions.

Cheers!

Falofal

• Moderators

thanks for the reports. While the developers remain silent, do note that they do read all threads. Sadly we don't have anyone who is technically adapt on a MAC who regularly visits to help users troubleshoot issues...bugs like this.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com