point of restore

karrygun

why i have lost all point of restore ? i have used the default setup .

i want restore. how i can it? i have another problem: 1 program not have all functions. the program it is nero photosnap viewer. i hope restore.. thank you for disponibily

• Moderators

Did you use Wipe Free Space? If so that can trigger Windows into removing the restore points itself. The one solution is to turn-off the System Restore service - this is not the same as disabling it however. That way if using Wipe Free Space it will completely avoid losing any restore points.

Did you use Wipe Free Space? If so that can trigger Windows into removing the restore points itself. The one solution is to turn-off the System Restore service - this is not the same as disabling it however. That way if using Wipe Free Space it will completely avoid losing any restore points.

no. i haven't used wipe free space., what i do?

I experienced this issue several times on my Vista pc, but not on my Win7 unit. Every so often I'd lose all my Restore Points, and it was not the fault of CCleaner or Defraggler.

I managed to fix this by simply disabling System Restore, reboot, then enabling System Restore. Immediately created a new restore point.

No more problems with it.