CCleaner Changing My Folder "Views"

Tom AZ

I have a number of frequently accessed folders on my desktop. Inside those folders are program shortcuts set to display as Icons. I've noticed recently since version 3.22 that every time I run CCleaner, they get reset from "Icons" to "Details." I may have something improperly checked, but I can't seem to figure out what is resetting them.

BTW, I've even tried running CCleaner repeatedly until there's nothing left to clean. Then I've gone back and reset everything back to display as Icons, run Analyze in CCleaner (nothing shows up) and then run Remove. When I go back to those folders, they're all been changed from the Icon format to the Details format.

Any thoughts? (XP SP3 - also running Winapp2.ini).

WinApp2.ini can zap the iconcache,

Windows is supposed to rebuild it but many failed "cures" on the Internet show this may fail.

I think the icons might actually be there or are being rebuilt because when I go into one of these folders -> click View -> click Icons it changes them from Details to Icons just fine. And they seem to be staying that way until I run CCleaner again.

BTW, are all of my checkbox setting choices stored in the winapp.ini file?

My guess is this one

[icon Cache*]

LangSecRef=3025

Detect=HKCU\Software\Windows

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%|IconCache.db

That's not it Alan, but I still haven't found it. One other thing that's happening along with changing ICONS to DETAILS is that the window size itself is also being reduced. I'm not sure what you call it, but it's the size between Maximized and Minimized.

Shellbags keep track of the display size of a folder window across different sessions, and are not deleted even when the folder being tracked (read: all of them) is.

At least, that's the case for Windows XP. I believe the infrastructure was tweaked in windows 7

• Moderators

That's one reason it would help to have something like an "AlwaysWarn" or "EnableOnce" or something similar to that as a feature (which we need) for winapp2.ini for certain cleaners that can cause such an issue.

I personally use that XP Shellbags cleaner too, but I remember to immediately turn it off after using it.

Arrgh, crazy and intense lightning outside from the big thunderstorm.

That's one reason it would help to have something like an "AlwaysWarn" or "EnableOnce" or something similar to that as a feature (which we need) for winapp2.ini for certain cleaners that can cause such an issue.

I personally use that XP Shellbags cleaner too, but I remember to immediately turn it off after using it.

Arrgh, crazy and intense lightning outside from the big thunderstorm.

OT: Just noticed you've broken 14,000 posts! neat :)

On topic: Definitely would like EnableOnce/AlwaysWarn options for cleaning.