deleted all history on Chrome by accident

karen1961

• Moderators

if you run windows 7 you can use previous versions (right click the profile folder for chrome a choose previous version from the menu)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Hi Karen, I am on Mac as well, therefore I would kindly please any moderator/administrator to post possible answer for Mac only. Thanks

I yesterday downloaded CCleaner Version 1.04.148 for Mac and installed on my MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.7.4.

I run CCleaner which was set to delete all the unnecessary files as pre-set on the application itself (I didn't check any other box) but -- in utter disbelief -- it wiped off all my Google Chrome bookmarks! (which is a very serious damage for me!) and it affected also my Mail application (the Mac OS one) deleting all the pre-written email address (when you begin entering a name in the "to:" field the actual email comes out) but the latter is a minor issue.

I tried to recover the Chrome bookmarks.bak file but both this and the "bookmark" one, didnt include my latest bookmarks.

I am really disappointed. I cant believe that such a nice and good application like CCleaner could make such a big mistake! Really... Any suggestion on how to recover my lost bookmarks? And how to avoid to have this happening in the future? I ma now quite scared to use CCleaner on my Mac and I am not recommending it anymore to anyone, unfortunately....

• Moderators

I do apologize, I misread the board that this was posted in

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I think the apology is not needed because your answer w.r.t. Windows 7 was correct.

There was no clue at that time that this was a MAC issue when it was posted in a non-MAC forum.

I think this topic started in the "Software" forum and I guess a moderator (not you) moved it to the correct forum once MAC had been stated.