Cookies to Delete not getting deleted

AEon

Firefox version: v14.0.1

CCleaner Version: v3.21.1767 (64-bit)

Windows OS Version and SP level: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1

This issue has been present for more than 6 months now, it used to work just fine. From one version to the next the Cookies under CCleaner, Options, Cookies, Cookies to Delete simply do not get deleted any longer when running CCleaner, Cleaner, Run Cleaner button.

Checklist:

- CCleaner, Cleaner, Windows, Internet Explorer, Cookies (checked!), almost never use IE.

- CCleaner, Cleaner, Applications, Firefox, Cookies (checked!)

- I have no other web browsers.

- Normally I do not run CCleaner in Administrative mode, did so now, but that did not help either.

Solution:

After more testing it turns out that as long as Firefox is running, no cookies will be deleted by CCleaner, and there is also no warning under CCleaner, Cleaner, Analyze, "Analysis Complete" list.

- "Firefox/Mozilla - Internet Cache" shows a "skipped" when Firefox is running, to indicate that the Cache cannot be cleaned.

Suggestions:

- Adding a

Firefox/Mozilla - Cookies "skipped"

as well would at least hint to the user that Firefox has to be closed to

clean up the Cookies.

- Add a user warning telling them to close Firefox if they want to delete cookies.

Again I am pretty sure that deleting FF cookies while the browser was running used to work. Thus my surprise when it suddenly no longer worked.

• Moderators

I've no idea if Firefox cookies were previously deleted by CCleaner if FF was running, but I can confirm that they aren't now.

I think AEon just wants the cookies to be mentioned as being "skipped" in the same "skipped" warning message which appears for the cache when FF is running.

I can't see why that wouldn't be possible, and the devs do pertain to read all threads, so a future edition may adopt your request.

This would probably be better in the CCleaner suggestions section of the forum as I'm not really sure if it's a bug, but if CCleaner did something in the past which it isn't doing now, then maybe it is a bug which has crept in. I'm rambling now, so I'll leave it here.

Hope that helps.

Exactly the same problem when attempting to use Ccleaner to delete the cookies in the Cookies to be Deleted window. All browsers are closed.

All cookie boxes under the various browsers are ticked to indicate they should be included in the sweep.

I am using V2.21.1767, on Windows XP Home SP3.

Is anyone at Ccleaner paying attention to this thread, as it does seem to indicate there is some problem - either with the software or the users' use of it!

Is anyone at Ccleaner paying attention to this thread, as it does seem to indicate there is some problem - either with the software or the users' use of it!

Obviously attention is paid and this "problem" does not exist for most people.

Have you inspected the Processes shown by Windows Task Manager.

Firefox browser must not only be closed but any Firefox.exe and plugin-container.exe processes must be absent from the processes tab

Similar requirements with different names for different browsers.

What specific browsers and versions are creating the cookies you are complaining about ?

Obviously attention is paid and this "problem" does not exist for most people.

Have you inspected the Processes shown by Windows Task Manager.

Firefox browser must not only be closed but any Firefox.exe and plugin-container.exe processes must be absent from the processes tab

Similar requirements with different names for different browsers.

What specific browsers and versions are creating the cookies you are complaining about ?

That is helpful advice, thanks.

I had not appreciated that it was not sufficient to have no browser application showing when running Ccleaner but that the specific processes attributable to the relevant browsers also had to be terminated.

I will identify and terminate those processes and try again.

I am using variously Mozilla Firefox 14.01, Goggle Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m, Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

That is helpful advice, thanks.

I had not appreciated that it was not sufficient to have no browser application showing when running Ccleaner but that the specific processes attributable to the relevant browsers also had to be terminated.

I will identify and terminate those processes and try again.

I am using variously Mozilla Firefox 14.01, Goggle Chrome 21.0.1180.79 m, Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

The only process showing was Google Chrome. When I terminated that process in Task Manager, and then ran Ccleaner again, it deleted all the cookies showing in the Cookies to be Deleted List.

Thanks again for the useful help/guidance. It may not have occurred to others affected that the browser process also has to be terminated, and it is not sufficent simply not to have your browser open...