Speccy crashes right after launch

zuhloobie

I just downloaded Speccy from Piriform. I installed it and ran it, but it crashes a few seconds after analyzing and I get a crash report. Same thing happens every time. The weird part is that behind the crash report, the application looks like it's running and has analyzed the system. There is a spinning circle by the version number though and once the crash report times out - the whole thing closes.

It is version 1.17.340 and I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1

Ideas?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Please run in command-line

"C:\program files\Speccy\Speccy64.exe" /debug

The " marks are important replace c:\program files\speccy with the location of your speccy program

When the crash occurs you can find a .log file and a dmp file in the speccy folder. Attach the log to this thread (rename it .txt if it won't attach) and hold on to the dmp incase the developers need it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I did what you said and all it did was open a dialog window with several options to analyze. I put a check mark for CPU and the program started...and it worked. However, if I start up the program outside of the cmd...it crashes. It did not generate a log or a new dmp file.

• Moderators

you need to figure out which of the checkbox items is causing the crash, you will have to run debug and check each thing one at a time til you achieve the crash

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 months later...

I just downloaded Speccy from Piriform. I installed it and ran it, but it crashes a few seconds after analyzing and I get a crash report. Same thing happens every time. The weird part is that behind the crash report, the application looks like it's running and has analyzed the system. There is a spinning circle by the version number though and once the crash report times out - the whole thing closes.

I've exactly the same problem CONSTANSTLY in my WinXP, SP3, 32-bit PC. This is my first installation (free V1.19.411) . I think I'll stick with my stable Topala SIW program for now.

• 7 months later...

I have a similar problem with mine, detailed in another forum post (39014--link here), but it seems to me from putting the thing to almost a torture test that it is from the gathering of the operating system data. Although this topic is centered around earlier versions (1.17, 1.19, etc.), it still shows in 1.22.536, the last one I tested.

My computer is a laptop running on Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

the same by me, but with total system crash. only hardware reset is possible

wxp sp3, 32 bit, amd xp 2000+, k7vt2 asrock

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 3 weeks later...

hi

my problem has gone :-)

Version History

* v1.22.536 (18 Jun 2013) - i took this and got deleted the other version-ZING-it runs

* v1.22.535 (18 Jun 2013)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"