What is the best antivirus software now a days?

dumiyajay

• Moderators

A question like that will always get many different answers. People will always say 'the one I use is best''

It's tricky for people to say what av will run best on YOUR machine, you have to test a few and see how they work for you and your machine.

You haven't said what your operating system is or what other security type software you use.

An ongoing thread about av's is here

http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=17628

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

The answer to that depends on many things, including your system specs.

For an older computer, Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, Antivir or AVG. For a modern machine, there are many to choose from, including all of the above plus several larger suites that would bring an older computer to a screeching halt with their system requirements.

As far as Comodo goes, I would advise anyone who is not a hardcore computer professional to stay the hell away from it unless they have the patience to learn the program well. Because on the default settings it will bug the user about every least little thing and turning too many things to too lenient settings to get rid of the prompts will compromise your security. I've been doing computer maintenance stuff for more than ten years and I ran out of patience with Comodo in five days for these very reasons. The manual was some 90 pages long and it is very much a RTFM program if you want things done.

Powerful if you have the incentive, but frustrating if you lack either skill or patience and an absolute nightmare for a neophyte.

• Moderators

For an older computer, Microsoft Security Essentials

For WinXP systems MSE is slow and resource intensive.

several larger suites that would bring an older computer to a screeching halt with their system requirements.

That RoboScan one I mentioned which is an Internet Suite doesn't run heavy when I tested it on my WinXP Pro SP3 system with 1GB RAM.

• Moderators

The OP has posted this rather dubious stuff on several websites, to what end I don't know. Wilders Security wiped the thread. I'm going to close this and keep my eye on him. Or her.