2012 Summer Olympics

Jamin4u

• Moderators

I think it was always going to be difficult to follow the opening ceremony and especially to follow the great performances by all the athletes.

Ceremonies like the closing one always seem to go on too long.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

... remember guys over the pond we are just a little spec of a country size wise so we won't get as many as you :)

When you consider the total number of medals against the population of each country, Great Britain looks pretty darned good.

But imho that's too much preoccupation with totals.

What matters maybe is that folks from all over the globe can get together and compete honorably and peacefully.

OK, OK, putting away the soapbox now. :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I have to say that I was of the mind of a lot of people in this country regarding the money this enterprise cost measured against the really difficult financial position this government has put the ordinary guy on the street into.

But once you get past that, and accept that it's happening regardless, then the Games were absolutely amazing. I am biased being an Englishman, but for me they were the best Olympic Games ever. And I base that comment on the people who matter.

The competitors, their families, and the amazing support provided by people of all nationalities.

(I borrowed Login's soap box as he was finished with it.)

Quickly snatching Login`s soap box from the grasp of Dennis ! I would like to add if Yorkshire was an independent country( with the amount of medals won from T`Yorkshire folk )we would be 12th in the world medal table! Just saying... ^_^

• Moderators

The only thing I watched was a floor gymnastics routine by one woman and it was amazing how high she could jump upside down. And that's all I watched of it, even though it was on 5 channels in total.

Now I'm ready for Formula 1 to return to TV without any boring races. I wish Speed Channel would start showing some British Rally Cross again, and not show such a chopped up 60 minutes worth of a highlights reel of the World Rally Championship.

• Moderators

I was shocked the other day by how much I enjoyed the Synchronized Swimming. (I can hear laughter already).

This quite honestly was the joke event in the past, made more comical by the pasted on permanent smiles, but they blew my socks off the other day.

I found myself watching because there wasn't much else on at that time, and it soon became apparent that this event has been taken to a completely new level. It was mesmerising from start to finish.