Chrome Cache Clean Slow

aviwil

• Moderators

Another thing to try is make sure all Google Chrome applications such as some quick start or background updater components are not running in the background via Windows Task Scheduler (CTRL+ALT+DEL). That's about the only other thing I can think of.

post-27320-0-80571500-1343822597_thumb.jpg

post-27320-0-60670700-1343822746_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys - see the attached screen captures - the file names in the cache take a couple of seconds each - is that normal , or should it be running thru that list ?

Andavari -didn't see anything special in Task Manager

Super Fast - is latest Chrome , as you can see in capture . Fork based on Chrome - I'm not familiar with this .

post-27320-0-80571500-1343822597_thumb.jpg

post-27320-0-60670700-1343822746_thumb.jpg

Thanks people - I did change to normal file deletion , and it went real fast . The comments in Settings do say that Secure will be slower . But I never imagined , it would have that much of an effect . I would like to think that the routine doing the Secure deletion could be improved upon to make it much faster - no ?

Failed to admit - court is in session ?

• Moderators

To find out how long secure delete takes over normal you can also use the new feature via right click in the Cleaner window where it shows deleted files, this can give you an good idea of how long things take to clean.

Screenshot:

NCWP4ix85Jh.png

• Moderators

Antivirus does scan what cleaning software is deleting, and CCleaner is no exception. You shouldn't notice a huge impact with Avast though as many people use it alongside CCleaner and haven't complained about a speed issue.

I'm trying SRWare Iron again and noticed that the History cleaning is very slow.

I found that CCleaner can delete files ( and TeraCopy can copy files ) twice as fast if I disable my Comodo Security Software.

I decided that it was more efficient to wait 4 seconds whilst CCleaner purged a bunch of stuff under Comodo monitoring,

rather than wait 2 seconds for a rapid purge plus another second or two for me to switch Comodo to block the Internet and disable A.V. and suspicious behavior blocking.

N.B. when copying a folder full of multi-GByte partition backup files I do switch Comodo.

After the work is done I forget to re-enable Comodo until a dead Internet reminds me :)