Email requiring a 922337 TB! space for recover

New2Me

Hello. I'm new to the forum and searched for this, but did not find anything similar. I'm trying to recover deleted files from a 250 GB hard drive. The computer I'm running the program on is a Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I've connected the drive with the deleted data to a second SATA port. The OS for the drive I'm trying to recover is Windows XP (SP3 I believe). I've gotten most pictures that I believe are on there. When searching for emails, it finds only one Outlook express email file, which is a .zip file. When I hit recover and select the destination drive (a 1TB drive almost empty) it says I'll need 9223372036854775807 bytes of space necessary.

If I switch to Advanced tab and look, it says file size unknown. I'm guessing that may be my problem since it doesn't know how big it is and assumes the max, but not sure how to solve it.

Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Moderators

It has been reported at http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=36318

I can't remember whether previous versions of Recuva showed this file as zero bytes or unknown file size: I have a sneaky suspicion that it was zero, which is fine as the file is only created on recovery.

Whatever the cause of this error, some misread of a numerical value I guess, it's stopping email recovery and should be fixed. I'll drop a hint in the Announcements.