The Dark Knight Rises

Icedrake

Who else is extremely excited for this movie? Can't wait for tomorrow, when I'm going to see it at the 11ish showing time at my local Cinemark... hopefully picking a morning time will mean less people, but who knows. After this, I'll be counting down the time for The Hobbit, which is also going to be 100% amazing.

i was more excited for the Hobbit when Guillermo del Toro was supposed to direct it

What?! You don't like Peter Jackson?! I'm happy that he's the one directing it and not Guillermo del Toro or anyone else, since I know I can trust him with how amazingly he made the Lord of the Rings.

I just have a bit of a thing for del Toro's work. It's always stunning. I'll probably wind up seeing the Hobbit.

As for Dark Knight Rises, only if I get cajoled into seeing it with someone, I've seen the other two, but tickets cost like $12 now, and I'd rather wait a few months and buy the $20 dvd ;)

As for Dark Knight Rises, only if I get cajoled into seeing it with someone, I've seen the other two, but tickets cost like $12 now, and I'd rather wait a few months and buy the $20 dvd ;)

I can see your reasoning behind that. I usually do the same thing, but there are some movies to which I make exceptions like this and The Hobbit that I will always go see in theaters, usually at IMAX or such, to get the full experience.

Who else is extremely excited for this movie?

Me! Me! Gonna see it today with friends & we'll celebrate my birthday also so DKR is a nice start for it. :P

I'm also waiting for The Hobbit, and I think it's OK/good that Jackson directs it.

Btw. Winapp2.ini if you like Guillermo, you're probably waiting Pacific Rim? (I am :D)

Just saw TDKR, and holy crap, it is one hell of an amazing movie. Finishes the trilogy extremely well, and is an amazing movie. It is just as good as the other two movies in my opinion.

• Moderators

I've seen more than enough Batman movies but they're all too dark as in the lighting, etc., and I more prefer the animated versions they come out with almost every year.

I looked at a TV news report about that. One of these days they may be able to screen potential psychos starting at a very young age and either medicate them, operate on them, or lock them up before they can harm others.

Maddox shared his thoughts on the incident:

Parents get killed when they see a movie about a guy who becomes a superhero when his parents get killed when they go to see a movie. Here's to hoping a butler just got employed to look after a wealthy orphan in Colorado today.

Seen lots of animated movies (and series) of Batman and almost all acted films, also. IMO this was the best, but it's hard to compare this between Batman Begins & The Dark Knight.

Yeah, I really can't say any one of the three movies in the trilogy is the best because I love all three of them.