Minor Display Bug

clancyCJF

Great product :) I have been using it religiously for about 2 years now... It is so easy to use and it has never done harm to my system... a major plus for a registry cleaner :D

Anyway... recently I have been fooliung around with OSX emulation themes and have noticed that for some reason on several of the themes that the "analyze" button in the cleaner screen shows as a blank button with no text... as well as the "close" button on the issues fix screen. The buttons still work fine if you now what they are supposed to do... there is just no text on the button.

I have tried to isolate the poblem but it is always the same 2 buttons with all other buttons assuming the look of the new theme color and shape and the text appears just fine, but not the 2 buttons noted above. I assume that some how the image code (ico, png, ...etc.) assosiated with these two buttons differs from the others somehow. This also happened with the previous version, (currently using v1.26.218) but honestly I have only been fooling with different themes for about 2 months.

• Moderators

If it's caused by a theme you've installed that really can't be considered a CCleaner bug. It's either the theme, a font the theme is using, or the font size that could be causing the issue.

If you quickly switch back to a default Microsoft theme do you have the same problems?

• Moderators
Actually it can be a bug in CCleaner. It might incorrectly use the color black when its supposed to use the default text color.

25610[/snapback]

Perhaps, however people in the past that have submitted GUI "bugs" were using a theme that didn't allow it to display correctly. Even the default Microsoft themes when using too big of a font or a "non-standard" font can mess up how a program GUI looks, e.g.; text that runs off of buttons or can't be seen at all.

I think you guys are on to something with the font color and/or size. I have tried switching back and forth between the new theme and the default winXP. The default winXP looks/works fine.

I have attached 2 screen caps showing the differences. ("Screen Cap" new theme "Screen Cap2" default winXP) One thing I noticed doing the screen caps is that the text on the "run cleaner" button has changed to "run" and the "analyze" button changes to the blank as I described before which is somewhat contradictory to what you might think that the longer text would not show and the shorter text would show. you will also notice that the button changes from rectangle to oval... which is probably part of the cause.

As I said before it is only a visual thing isolated to just 2 buttons with all other buttons looking fine and all buttons launching the intended process without any noticable problems. The program still works fine.

post-3721-1136318167_thumb.jpg

post-3721-1136318180_thumb.jpg

post-3721-1136318167_thumb.jpg

post-3721-1136318180_thumb.jpg