Nexus 7

rridgely

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I don't think they are making much on them. I got the 16gig So it was 250.

I used my touchpad a lot to browse, email and watch videos. This thing is better at all of those functions. Jellybean is awesome compared to ice cream sandwich. Very smooth. Gonna try some games soon, mostly been watching videos.

• Moderators

Yeah that's the bad thing about Android. I like that this is a nexus which means I'll get all new updates. My next phone may be a nexus, I have 4s right now, going to wait and see what iPhone 5 is like.

• Moderators

Jellybean seems cool so far.

I think anyone who plays games will love the nexus 7. Sony and Nintendo should be worried. I downloaded tegra 3 version of a game called Shadowgun and the graphics are stunning. Beats 3ds and close or better than vita. Game was only 5 bucks. Crazy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Question for those Nexus 7 owners please.

I am considering the purchase of a 32GB model, it is my understanding that the OS version that is shiped with here in Australia is Jelly Bean 4.1 and not 4.2.

I am further advised that "Gesture" the new keyboard app may only ship with 4.2

Is this correct?

I am getting conflicting info from the Google Play site here in Aus.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Many thanks Winapp2.ini for your answer, makes my decission to purchase now much easier, however I will check just prior handing over the $$

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

There are times when I hate buying technologhy. After reading the following anouncement I think I'll wait for the release of Android Ver 5.0 Key Lime Pie

Google will soon unveil the newest Android operating system known as the “Key Lime Pie”. It will be the 5.0 operating system of the Android. When it comes out it will first be upgraded to the Nexus 7 and the newest Google smartphone the Nexus 4. The Galaxy S3 is not certain if it will see an upgrade of the new Key Lime Pie OS. The release date of the newest Android operating system will be in May right after Google launches its I/O Developer conference. The first phone to receive the polished Android Key Lime Pie OS will be the Nexus 5 which will also be revealed on the same I/O Developer conference. Android Key Lime Pie release date is rumored to be June 6.

There is also rumblings that the Nexus 7 will also recieve some hardware changes

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

• 10 months later...

Well Winapp2.ini it's been almost 11 months since I commenced my "watch & wait" for the 2nd Gen Nexus 7 tablet, indeed July last year saw it's introduction.

However it has taken me till yesterday to finally take the plunge, I am now the owner of a 2nd Gen Nexus 7 complete with KitKat Ver 4.4. Well it came with 4.1 and was automatically upgraded, so now I am having some fun setting it up with my necessary apps.

So far so good it's nice and fast, sound is good for a box so small and the screen resolution is excellent. The only issue I'm having at present is using my Motorola MB526 Hotspot with the Nexus 7, meanwhile it's back to my normal ISP

PS: I have also just ordered a Qi wireless charger :)  :)    

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

It's my understanding that a Nexus 10 will be released within the next 5 to 6 months (rumor only).

By the way my unit cost me $339.00 Australian, purchased locally and I have now ordered locally a Bluetooth wireless combination keyboard/case for my Nexus cost $37.90, see attached images.

Forgot to say 32GB model - no 4G. For me it's to big for a phone

Edited by Tasgandy

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

A very good well asked question. I did however consider the existing Nexus 10 OR waiting for the Nexus 10.0..................two major things reasons I jumped now to the Nexus 7.2

1/ I've waited long enough......I asked myself "So how long are you going to wait before you purchase a Tablet?"

2/ I consider that the Nexus 10 is really to big........................

So for the reasonable price: Nexus 7.2, Qi wireless charger & combination keyboard/case for a total investment of  $420.85 AU (includes 12 months manufactures and a 12 months extended warranty)

Check out International Business Times re Nexus 10.2 sketchy details.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/536062/20140128/nexus-10-2-release-date-android-4.htm#.UuitAPt9JhE

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Anyone considering a nexus 7 2013, MicroCenter is offering them for in-store pick up, $199 for the 32gb, $179 for the 16gb.

No micro centre near you? No problem. Staples will price match it, and if you add the coupon 50053, you'll get an extra $30 off. That's $100 and $80 off the retail prices respectively!