What browser do you use?

rridgely

What browser do you use?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

I think SpywareBlaster helps stop that. http://www.brightfor...areblaster.html

Says here that it works w/ win 7 http://www.sevenforu...ster-4-2-a.html

Very lightweight software. :)

I am not knocking that, as you can also disable it with XPY under XP, &, possibly Vispa under 7... There is also the options in the browser itself to disable it. I just have a question. If you disable Active-X, how do you play facebook games? I did disable active-x for a lady once, but her facebook games were unusable till I re-enabled it. I did not have this problem with the other browsers I tested, since they do not use active-x.

Do you know of any solutions to this?

Had to look that one up andavari. What do you like about it over plain Firefox?

I believe the main quoted advantage of it, is that it is claimed it is more highly optimized to modern processors, yielding up to 25% faster browsing speed. I am not 100% sure if it does outperform it's cousins like that, but I may test out of curiosity later on.

... If you disable Active-X, how do you play facebook games? I did disable active-x for a lady once, but her facebook games were unusable till I re-enabled it.

... Do you know of any solutions to this?

Don't play'em. Have a facebook account, but have not logged in to it for ?? years.

Just now logged in to see what would happen, went to Farmtown, turned it on or whatever you call it.

Farmtown wanted access to all my Facebook data, information, and my first born child (too late for that). :P

Farmtown said that 39,610,786 people "like" it. Good grief. :blink:

Farmville, on the other hand, wanted all that data plus some money (by credit card) to sell me some money ...???

So I said OK to Farmtown, played it, plowed a field, walked my little character around the field, logged off.

I never heard a peep from Spywareblaster.

Farmtown looked like It used adobe flash player

Not sure what would happen with other facebook games. I'll try them if you want, just say which ones they are

Don't know technicals about Spywareblaster, hopefully other members will say, but I have seen warning banners at the top of the screen that a site was trying to load some control or other. Usually just ignore them.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Haha! Yeah, & the other reason I don't use it, is you can't (easily) block ads with IE... Bummer! <_<

I hate 30 second ads, just to watch a 25 second youtube vid... Thank you, ad block plus! You saved my sanity!

"What if I use IE9, & only have 1,000 tabs with 30 second ads per tab... Horrors!"

That's 30,000 seconds a week times 52 weeks a year for 1,560,000 seconds a year wasted watching ads.

Plus IE9 being 1 sec slower for each of my 1,000 tabs vs FF, times 52 wks year for 52,000 seconds yr. 1,612,000 approximated total seconds a year wasted.

Divided by 60 seconds per minute for 26,866.67 minutes a year.

Divided by 60 min to the hour for 447.78 hours a year.

Divided by 24 hours in a day for 18.66 days a year.

Times 40 more years of life before I die (hopefully) for 746.30 days.

Divided by 365.25 days to the year (gotta figure in leap year, hence the .25) for 2.04 years wasted.

I know, I know... I just hate ads... :D

Now, the real question is, what am I gonna do with the extra 2+ years?

* I am not sure what others may experience, but for me, it has been the case that IE is generally slower than newer more modern browsers in fully loading a webpage. Some may not notice much difference, but for me, it adds up to a lot.

• Moderators

SuperFast stop listing all those stats for how many seconds you will lose with from your life if you use IE with the hundred of tabs that you say you have open at any one time.

It is getting so boring now to read them, you have done it twice in this thread already.

We know you dislike IE.

We don't need it rammed down our throats each time IE is mentioned.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Mike, I was unaware of them having it because IE was practically ignored with that regard for so long.

I am not sure if this was what you had in mind, but I found adblockie, which is what I assume you are talking about.

I downloaded it, but if you had something different, do tell.

I plan to test later on to see how IE does with it installed.

Or, if you were thinking of another program, please detail what you were thinking of so I can test it instead.

If IE9 is still 2x slower, however, I won't be using it long! :)

But I will definitely test with adblock. This should be very interesting! Who knows? Maybe it will speed it up a bit....

It may be a few weeks before I can reply, because we have to head out, & I am not sure if we will be working a week, or more than that away.

But I will try to test when I get chance, because this definitely will be interesting. Ads can slow a browser by a lot, so I am crossing my fingers!

Mike, I was unaware of them having it because IE was practically ignored with that regard for so long.

I am not sure if this was what you had in mind, but I found adblockie, which is what I assume you are talking about.

I downloaded it, but if you had something different, do tell.

I plan to test later on to see how IE does with it installed.

Or, if you were thinking of another program, please detail what you were thinking of so I can test it instead.

If IE9 is still 2x slower, however, I won't be using it long! :)

But I will definitely test with adblock. This should be very interesting! Who knows? Maybe it will speed it up a bit....

It may be a few weeks before I can reply, because we have to head out, & I am not sure if we will be working a week, or more than that away.

But I will try to test when I get chance, because this definitely will be interesting. Ads can slow a browser by a lot, so I am crossing my fingers!

Don't make assumptions. When I said 'simple adbock' that is exactly what I meant. Produced by the same people as Adblock. As for you testing it! that is of no interest to me, I have been using it with IE8 for the past year or so, and are more than happy with it.

So, please drop[ your attacks on IE for as Hazel said earlier its just so boring.

End of topic for me

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Don't make assumptions. When I said 'simple adbock' that is exactly what I meant. Produced by the same people as Adblock.

As for you testing it! that is of no interest to me, I have been using it with IE8 for the past year or so, and are more than happy with it.

I tried searching for AdBlock for IE, & all I came up with was either Wladamir Palant "Ad block for Internet Explorer is not an option" or a youtube video that tells about downloading tracking lists & using fanboys list. Some people claim it doesn't block youtube ads, while others say it depends on what list you download.

I have no idea what you mean by same people as Adblock. I seem to be unable to find that one. I found adblock utilities, but I am not sure they are what you are referencing. Do you have a link to what your talking about?

_____

Also, I am not blasting you for using IE. I used to years back. And it works ok for simple websites like MSN, Google, Yahoo (in general).

You can always use IE, & I have no complaints. I just stopped using it because it always had some problem.

If you visit non standard websites, it auto installs malware if the payload is malicious, or ad is malicious. Unless you have Active-X disabled. IE 6 isn't usable because it has no tabs. IE 7 & 8 both crash when you open more than around 20 or so tabs. Sometimes even 4 or 5 depending on page content. Then, they crash on reloading. IE 9 is far faster & more stable than their cousins, but it still has ads. And I am not familiar with good ad blocking programs for that.

I am not knocking you for using IE. Anyone is free to use what they want. I am just saying that it didn't work for me.

_____

If you have a link to the adblock utility, I would be interested in trying it. I can't seem to find a link for the adblock that FF has, unless you mean the tracking list download.

Thanks!

* Edit: I have a few websites that work fine in Firefox. I believe you wanted some listed earlier, so I will be kind and list them. While IE does work for you, it doesn't for me. So here are a few that do not work properly in IE9. You may check if you wish, to verify.

- go.infinise.com

- google.com/firefox

I may add more when I get time. I just didn't want you to feel that I was knocking IE for no reason. Use whatever you want man, but feel free to check the websites above, & I believe you will agree. I know of no way to get them to load (correctly) in IE9.

• Moderators

I agree. Partially. IE9 is supposed to allow only whitelisted controls to work. However, it has been proved for quite a while, by McAfee researchers in China, that IE9 could be caused to load older components in a maliciously crafted XML web page, causing older exploits to be usable again. This is akin to whitelisting auto-run for flash drives. It helps... until someone figures out that they can e...

tl:dr

;)

tried searching for AdBlock for IE,

hosts file block better than adblock

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Super fast

It seems your not to hot on searching - http://simple-adbloc...m/downloadpage/

Actually no - it is your fault for defective spelling when you said

When I said 'simple adbock' that

About 499,000 results (0.20 seconds)

instead of

When I said 'simple-adblock' that

About 116,000 results (0.11 seconds)

Super fast

It seems your not to hot on searching - http://simple-adbloc...m/downloadpage/

Thanks for the insult! :( Just kidding! Anyway, I downloaded it earlier, but I was unaware that it could be the same thing you are talking about.

After all, I believe you stated this was by the same maker of AdBlock. I was unsure if you meant adblock or adblock plus (firefox) because the firefox adblock plus maker is Wladamir Palant. And the Simple Adblock link you posted is hosted in Denmark with a Comodo digital certificate embedded.

Clearly, these are not the same. I will take the blame for being thrown off.

_____

Also, did you get around to testing those websites I listed? I know earlier, you seemed a bit angry that I suggested that IE9 could be anything but perfect.

You stated that I probably could not even name any websites that did not work properly in IE9, & that is just entirely untrue. See below...

1) go.infinise.com

2) google.com/firefox

I am not sure if you got around to testing them yet, but they clearly do not display properly in IE9, while FF & other browsers have no problem.

Thanks for the insult! :( Just kidding! Anyway, I downloaded it earlier, but I was unaware that it could be the same thing you are talking about.

After all, I believe you stated this was by the same maker of AdBlock. I was unsure if you meant adblock or adblock plus (firefox) because the firefox adblock plus maker is Wladamir Palant. And the Simple Adblock link you posted is hosted in Denmark with a Comodo digital certificate embedded.

Clearly, these are not the same. I will take the blame for being thrown off.

_____

Also, did you get around to testing those websites I listed? I know earlier, you seemed a bit angry that I suggested that IE9 could be anything but perfect.

You stated that I probably could not even name any websites that did not work properly in IE9, & that is just entirely untrue. See below...

1) go.infinise.com

2) google.com/firefox

I am not sure if you got around to testing them yet, but they clearly do not display properly in IE9, while FF & other browsers have no problem.

A simple typo :D and I made no such remarks I use IE8 and this has all become far to boring to continue

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

I thought this could be an interesting topic to get people arguing. :P ...

rridgely was right about that. :D

Maybe it's something in the water,

maybe it's the heat (102+ degrees F here),

maybe we're just a bunch of cranky campers this week ... ??

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

rridgely was right about that. :D

Maybe it's something in the water,

maybe it's the heat (102+ degrees F here),

maybe we're just a bunch of cranky campers this week ... ??

I just was trying to get a sign of life on the forum. :P

Anybody tried any new browsers lately? :)

I have actually been trying browsers for the last two days. I just downloaded the latest version of seamonkey which I hadn't used in probably 2 years or more. Its kind of a mix between the newest version of firefox and netscape navigator. Really odd program by todays standards.

You tried Maxthon? I was thinking of giving it a spin.

Running it now, first time ever, about 30 minutes so far. Looks nice, easy on the eyes. Fast, so far. Anything you want me to do with it?

True about the social stuff, looks like.

Edit: Much faster using google maps. They slow ie8 to a crawl.