List of applications in CCleaner's Uninstall tool (version v.1.03.131)

WayToGo

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if I miss something...

After updating CCleaner to v.1.03.131 I have only a few applications in a list of Uninstall tool, namely, Microsoft Office 2011, ORFO 2011 and Skype. However, I currently have around 25 applications installed by myself apart from Mac OS preinstalled applications. All of those 25 apps were in a list of previous version of CCleaner's Uninstall tool. What should I do to see them all again and be able to uninstall any of them using CCleaner's Uninstall tool?

Or this is a bug to be fixed in next releases?

My machine is:

MacBook Air 4.2, Intel Core i5, 4,0GB RAM

Mac OS X 10.7.4.

CCleaner v.1.03.131

• Moderators

o_O really you'll have to give topics (especially in the relativly new and unused by regularly visiting forum members MAC program) some time before answers.One-to-two days is too short for a "OK guys, no replies and no solutions" on any forum. Especially since the day between was a U.S. Holiday.

The tool showed more uninstallable programs in an earlier version? Can you list for us a few that previously showed but not any more?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

First of all happy Holidays all of you guys from the U.S.! :)

Don't take it to serious about "no replies and no solutions" ;)

Yes, the Uninstall tool of CCleaner for Mac showed more uninstallable programs in an earlier version

As for the list of application in Uninstall tool - it contained, for example, Pixelmator and MPlayerX in previous versions of CCleaner. If I remember correctly it also contained Sentinel3. There are none of them in Uninstall list now. As for other applications I'm not sure about their complete list so I'll not mention any of them here. However, the list of Uninstall tool contained majority, if not all of my applications installed by myself.

Currently, from about 25 applications installed by myself I can only see in and able to uninstall using CCleaner's Uninstall tool 3 of them (as I mentioned in my first post):

- Microsoft Office 2011;

- ORFO 2011; and

All other applications disappeared from Uninstall list in 1.03.131 version of CCleaner

Today I'll try to experiment with my MacBook Pro with MacOS X Lion installed on it as well. I didn't update CCleaner on it yet so I shall be able to see the whole list of uninstallable applications - I have almost the same applications installed on both MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.

Moreover I'll post the list of all uninstallable applications from previous version of CCleaner on my MacBook Pro. Hope it'll help programmers to fix this issue.

If you guys have some thoughts on how can I further help you to track down this issue please don't hesitate to ask. I'll try to check this forum during the day.

BR

• Moderators

According to a dev In previous version there were problems with uninstalling some applications (CCleaner reported the lack of permission) so now ccleaner will now only list applications in the uninstall list that can be uninstalled by ccleaner.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Soooo, I'm right next to my MacBook Pro now and CCleaner shows me:

MacBook Pro 8.1, Intel Core i7, 4,0GB RAM

Mac OS X 10.7.3

CCleaner 1.02.115

And here is the list of applications available for uninstall in Uninstall tool:

Adium

CCleaner

KeePassX

Microsoft Office 2011

MPlayerX

ORFO 2011

PhotoViewer

Pixelmator

The Archive Browser

All of those applications are installed both on my MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. However, from this list I see only 3 application in CCleaner 1.03.131.

According to a dev In previous version there were problems with uninstalling some applications (CCleaner reported the lack of permission) so now ccleaner will now only list applications in the uninstall list that can be uninstalled by ccleaner.

OK, I see... Just tried to delete some of those apps in the list and can confirm that it is like you just said.

1. But why do I see Adium in Uninstall list on my MacBook Pro (MacOS 10.7.4, CCleaner 1.03.131) and can not see it on MacBook Air (MacOS 10.7.4, CCleaner 1.03.131)?

2. Is there any chance to get a version of CCleaner in future that will be able to uninstall any app installed? Or there is a limitation set by Apple's engineers of MacOS and it is absolutely impossible?

Thank you for your answers

However I am sure the ccleaner devs will keep on improving the ccleaner capabilities on a mac :)

Don't have any doubts in that. The results of their work are clearly visible from version to version. Appreciated devs for their efforts.

Perhaps iPhopnes are not the only Apple animals that are seriously in need of a JailBreak :unsure:

You know, the iOS and MacOS are such stable and good operating environments that even despite the fact I'd like to have some advantages provided by JailBreak I would never use it on my iPhone and, if it shall be released, on my Mac. Anything has its pros and cons.