CCleaner Not Deleting Google Chrome History!

It's been a month and I don't know if it was a recent ccleaner update or chrome update, but suddenly ccleaner is not deleting any information from google chrome. Sometimes, when I use ccleaner right after closing chrome, a pop-up box asks to force-close Google chrome. I have clicked yes every time but nothing has happened. I have changed the settings in Google chrome so that none of the plug-ins are running in the background and none of that cloud print junk is enabled either. Furthermore, I have used task manager to close any lingering extensions of google chrome. Also, whenever ccleaner finishes its scan, the results show that a bunch of Google chrome files have been deleted, but when I open Google chrome nothing has been deleted. The history is still intact and so are the cookies. I have already read most of the posts related to this issue and have tried all of the suggested solutions. Either these solutions don't work or I have already tried them. Please look into this.

My CCleaner version is: v3.18.1707 (64-bit)

My Google Chrome version is: v19.0.1084.46

PC Specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

Intel Core i5-2410M 2.30 GHz

8.0 GB RAM

Radeon HD Graphics

• Moderators

are you by any chance running ccleaner in a lang other than english. If so this is a known bug which should be squashed* in the next version. Until then switch back to english for ccleaner else I'm not sure. when it lists that it has cleaned them can you go into details (double click the entry) and physically see that the files listed as cleaned are still physically on the machine? Chrome is (IMHO) nasty because google feels it should keep your data (perhaps even on their machines and repopulate your chrome**)

I have already read most of the posts related to this issue and have tried all of the suggested solutions. Either these solutions don't work or I have already tried them.

How do you expect the community (which is where you are posting, you'll only get guarenties developer intervention if you have purchased Ccleaner) to answer your question with a statement like this?!? "Don't give me any of the advices that you know worked for other people I'm already past that."

BTW usually people who says such things are dead wrong. . . just saying, not implying that you are definitly wrong but. . .

*hey, I just realized why they're called "bugs"

**This is a working theroy though there is currently no science to back it up as I refuse to use chrome for ANYTHING except when I have to and I clean all traces from within chrome at close

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I am running the program in English. I tried what you asked but, now instead of showing any cleaned files, CCleaner is showing the Google Internet Cache as "skipped".

The only reason I made that statement was because every time I looked at a post that was related to mine, the replies would be in links to other posts and I just didn't want any more confusion. Also, I tried to give as much information as possible, including all the solutions I have tried so nobody's time would be wasted.

What else is'nt it removing???....I use Internet Explorer 9 and running CCleaner to delete internet history etc does not seem to make any difference because a very simple run of recuva will display all the thumbnails you would rather have deleted...

• Moderators

ondabox you have your own thread. however, ccleaner is NOT a security product it is a junk remover/space reclaimer. it makes no claim that ccleaned items are not recoverable

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• 5 weeks later...

I also have been experiencing an issue with CCleaner not removing the Google Internet Cache. It says it has been skipped. I have performed all the instructions to remedy this from both Google and Piriform and the issue remains. I use Firefox and IE, whose cache continues to clear as normal. Please Note:This issue only began to occur AFTER the most recent CCleaner update.

If anyone knows the way to remedy this issue, please share it with me.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...

nodles is correct, Google processes are causing the skipped files. Like newbie said above, it only started with the newest CCClean update. Having to manually stop the processes with Task Manager before running CCClean is somewhat cumbersome. Since this was not a problem before, I don't know if Google is recently failing to close the processes and or if it is a CCClean problem. All help appreciated.

OS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1

CCClean 4.19.4867 64-bit

Chrome 38.0.2125.111 m (rarely use Chrome)

• Moderators

Turn off google's ability to run background processes

• Moderators