Reset Firefox

hazelnut

I use Firefox portable so all I have to do is wipe out my Profiles folder if I want to start from scratch. I wish there was an easy way to export settings or configure FF offline

25qd6wl.jpg

• Moderators

It would probably help tremendously as I've in the past had to completely wipe Firefox off my system to get it to work correctly again. I've since moved on to Pale Moon though and won't be looking back.

One thing I noticed when switching to Pale Moon and not migrating my old Firefox profile was how low the RAM usage was in Pale Moon, then when I did migrate in my old Firefox profile that RAM usage more than doubled using the same extensions/addons, etc.

Reset is neato, Hazel, although I did not see that reset button on my Firefox 12. However, there are other ways you can do this.

1) MozBackup your saved bookmarks & passwords, then new profile & import.

2) Help / Restart with add-ons disabled / select Reset User Preferences & Restore Default Search Engines.

* Malware can complicate things, if present.

_____

@Andavari -> Start/Run/%appdata% & enter. Select Mozilla folder (stores all your settings) & backup to USB drive.

Most problems with Firefox are the user profile folder settings. The cmd above will take you directly to the stored settings location.