Geek Program uninstaller

hazelnut

Would have responded sooner but I haven't been online. Like I said earlier, I've never had any problems with Advanced mode - perhaps I've been lucky but I've used it many many times. I gather that Dennis hasn't had any issues either or no doubt he would have mentioned it.

• Moderators

Depends upon what you installed really. If you've installed something that puts a bunch of stuff in the registry, steals filetypes like media players, etc., then uninstall it with Revo what Revo then lists can be very time consuming to go through - like an over-aggressive registry cleaner with hundreds of items listed. It doesn't do that with everything such as removing an app that puts very little in the registry.

• Moderators

I used to take that extra bit of care when uninstalling something like an Adobe program, back in the day when I had Adobe software installed.

Extra care was needed simply because of the number of shared components, including registry entries, and I still always open and check through the various branches of the displayed "tree" structure when uninstalling any program, which I maybe should have mentioned.

Fortunately with most software this is pretty quick and straightforward.

I still always open and check through the various branches of the displayed "tree" structure when uninstalling any program

I do the same. I do agree that some massive entry programs would be tricky.

I remember uninstalling QuickTime using the Advanced option. I made sure I only clicked on any file with .qt in its name. Took me about 45 minutes to sort through all it found. :rolleyes:

And yes, deleting 'shared' files can easily screw many things up.