Seeking a job...

The New Guy

• Moderators
Wouldn't over qualified mean you get more pay or become the store supervisor or something similar in rank or companies will want people who are qualified for their specific areas of need?

logically yes, but the world, especially the workplace environment in free-market nations, is as far from logic as possible.

feels....awkward at times....and sometimes I have no idea what I am doing.... I'm not a person who always make a decision on demand....damn adulthood....it's making me feel anxious.. ..I wanna go back....to teenage life....actually better yet - kid life!

me too :D

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

logically yes, but the world, especially the workplace environment in free-market nations, is as far from logic as possible.

Aye....so it's going to be quite tough to find employment after graduating from uni? I thought getting a qualification from uni will guarantee job employment....

me too :D

Hm, and just realized that I couldn't play any M or higher rated games or watch movies that are rated M or higher.... :unsure: But distinctively, kid life was the best; Fun and games - of course kid games (nothing to extreme...) and I still remember those kiss-chasy games we used to be forced on, in Primary school where they'd send the girls onto us........ahhh classical.......... :lol: Apparently the girls get some prize if they manage to land a kiss on a boy successfully on the cheeks.....and to get to know each other....it ended up boys hiding in spots where the girls couldn't get to....and teachers running after us seeking us all out! :lol: Good fun that was - though I don't want to know girls will be like when they grow up....luckily it wasn't the same in high school.... ^_^ There - it was "Who was the coolest boy/girl"....then at uni it's "You're on your own, buddy...what you do is up to you.".

What you see is what you get. :)

Wouldn't over qualified mean you get more pay or become the store supervisor or something similar in rank or companies will want people who are qualified for their specific areas of need?

If you are over-qualified for a job you will not get it if :-

1. The supervisor that interviews you might fear that you could replace him ; or

2. Your are likely to get a better job elsewhere in the near fuiture.

• Moderators

If you are over-qualified for a job you will not get it if :-

3. They have to pay the person more.

That alone was a reason allot of college grads here a few years ago were complaining about being over qualified and not finding a job that would pay them the amount they were qualified to earn.

...oh, so if I graudate, I will not be guaranteed employment? So I'll be stuck at home....possible continue on where I left off before going to uni...?

On the plus side, when you graduate and are stuck at home you can tell your parents you are over-qualified for mowing their lawn :)

:lol:

I don't think my parents will not like it if I told them, after I successfully graduate, that I cannot get a job because I'm too overqualified(They obviously want me to get money for the family to continue and such, help pay loans and things etc.)....but at the same time - I guess they would be happy for their son to be overqualified for any job....

You really should talk to the career advisor at your university. All Australian Uni's provide them for free to undergraduates and alumni. They will probably suggest getting an entry level, flexible job in retail or hospitality. Those sort of jobs are both manageable between study, and provide good job skills development.

Sooner or later you're going to realize this is not pre-2008. Hopefully sooner.

Actually; the Australian economy has faired much, much better than America, Britain and the Eurozone. Skilled employee's (especially in IT and Engineering) are in decent demand. While you still aren't guaranteed a job the moment you graduate, it's a much less competitive environment than almost any other country.

I also heard that if you complete this course, you'll get $5000 a week. This true?

Unless you're studying High Performance Computational Physics with honours, then no. The average starting salary for technology/engineering related courses is about AUD$55,000 a year. Approximately $925 a week. Take about 10% from that if you're using student loans (HECS debt)

I'm Shane.

:lol:

I don't think my parents will not like it if I told them, after I successfully graduate, that I cannot get a job because I'm too overqualified(They obviously want me to get money for the family to continue and such, help pay loans and things etc.)....but at the same time - I guess they would be happy for their son to be overqualified for any job....

I wouldn't worry! I seriously doubt that you will end up being over qualified

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

You really should talk to the career advisor at your university. All Australian Uni's provide them for free to undergraduates and alumni. They will probably suggest getting an entry level, flexible job in retail or hospitality. Those sort of jobs are both manageable between study, and provide good job skills development.

That I shall do, eventually.... :) Thanks for the heads up!

Unless you're studying High Performance Computational Physics with honours, then no. The average starting salary for technology/engineering related courses is about AUD$55,000 a year. Approximately $925 a week. Take about 10% from that if you're using student loans (HECS debt)

Oh really now? I had thought engineering course will grant a job that pays at least $2000 a week....or does that depend on who you work with?

Oh really now? I had thought engineering course will grant a job that pays at least $2000 a week....or does that depend on who you work with?

Eventually, yes. But you don't earn those sort of figures on your first year out of uni, unless you're really fortunate.

I'm Shane.

• 1 month later...

Eventually, yes. But you don't earn those sort of figures on your first year out of uni, unless you're really fortunate.

Ahh, I hope I am fortunate enough to find a job that does offer that kind of money in return...hehehe ^_^

Ahh geez, just made it worse...I'm "overloading" it along with a friend of mine....5 units per semester....I doubt I'll be able to find time to look for a job/career, let alone get one.....the only time I think I'll be able to break that would be during the mid-semester break or the end of semester exam, well of course after my exams...during the summer holidays, unless I'm....*studious*....I should be able to find time to look and possible get a job with ease....but of course my lust to continue where I left of gaming on my computer somewhat stops me from doing this....it's not a good idea to stop in the middle of a game that you were really interested in, but had to leave because of...well you could say I had *school*....and then when you come back to it later in life, you've forgotten all about the game! Well, in storyline progression and what you were about to do after some point wise.... ...that's if it's got a interesting storyline or and gameplay like the Assassins Creed series(I love their games! Others may not, but I do! :wub: )... ^_^

-_- Yeah, I'd continued, but I'd go off on a tangent...

Anyways, back on topic; how would you rate me getting a nice *paying* job after I graduate from my Computer Systems Engineering degree, or if I decide to go further - do my "Masters" and or even a PH.D on it?

• Moderators

Anyways, back on topic; how would you rate me getting a nice *paying* job after I graduate from my Computer Systems Engineering degree, or if I decide to go further - do my "Masters" and or even a PH.D on it?

Something like that cannot be predicted, there are too may variables

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I knew of an extremely well qualified engineer who could have earned more as a bus driver.

His specialty was thermionic emission as used on ancient radio and television valves and display tubes.

He was doing very well until transistors took over.

I knew of an extremely well qualified engineer who could have earned more as a bus driver.

His specialty was thermionic emission as used on ancient radio and television valves and display tubes.

He was doing very well until transistors took over.

:o ...ouch....that sounded like that person wasted all that time on that particular subject....I hope I don't end up like that person.... :unsure:

Something like that cannot be predicted, there are too may variables

I guess one variable would be my past work experience... I guess you could be right....there are lots of variables to consider....but I guess I don't mind, I'll be excited if I could game 24/7 after my degree! ^_^ ^_^

I guess one variable would be my past work experience.

I think Hazelnut is referring to economic, disruptive innovation and socio-political variables; more than past qualifications. In Australia especially; a growing number of employers are totally ignoring the resume/references system and judging potential employees based on the skills they can demonstrate in an interview. I have a friend who recently got a job at BAE systems. In the interview he was asked to produce a fully functional program to calculate the amount fuel a jet would consume after travelling a user-defined distance. Not overly difficult; but still challenging to do under the stress of an interview.

I'll be excited if I could game 24/7 after my degree!

The unlikeness of that statement makes me smile slightly.

I'm Shane.

Marry a rich girl, that's the only way your going to make millions of dollars and be able to play video games all day.

-_- Hmmmm, very *unlikely*......though it that would help, if it did happen...hehehe... :lol:

I think Hazelnut is referring to economic, disruptive innovation and socio-political variables; more than past qualifications. In Australia especially; a growing number of employers are totally ignoring the resume/references system and judging potential employees based on the skills they can demonstrate in an interview. I have a friend who recently got a job at BAE systems. In the interview he was asked to produce a fully functional program to calculate the amount fuel a jet would consume after travelling a user-defined distance. Not overly difficult; but still challenging to do under the stress of an interview.

Ahh....well....this may change things *slightly*....

The unlikeness of that statement makes me smile slightly.

:)^_^ Well, maybe *not* 24/7, but at least get me back into gaming for around two to 10 hours a day...and feel the world that I've missed so... B)

Marry a rich guy then.

... :blink: - Um, no; I'd rather die before that happens.... <_<

Don't get his hopes up! LOL! A lot of rich women tend to marry rich men. Occasionally, it may differ, but...

-_- Exactly...that's what I was thinking at.... :( but it won't happen....

I've not known *any* rich girls at my uni....nor anywhere else around my area or at least where I've been to.....but that's probably due to my *gaming* life....always at home...playing on my computer; never going out...ever....I must be *anxious*....actually, I think I am...I'm also very *skeptical* of situations....and so I base my decisions on the *negative* outcomes, regardless of how much good things I can get....

Playing games on the computer, there isn't much, maybe besides the computer BSOD in front of you...or some hardware or software fails....or something...but I usually can find a way to fix them...so it's all good!

Don't be intimidated by rich girls. They're usually lonely; mostly because everyone assumes they're whingy little snobs. The only thing you need to be worried about is their father. One of my female friends' father owns a rather large law firm - scariest dude I've ever encountered.

I'm Shane.

Don't be intimidated by rich girls. They're usually lonely; mostly because everyone assumes they're whingy little snobs. The only thing you need to be worried about is their father. One of my female friends' father owns a rather large law firm - scariest dude I've ever encountered.

Is that why rich hot women always marry Hugh Heffner? :D

• Moderators

My advice is to turn the video games off, get a part time job(grocery store, movie theater, gas station, whatever), and also get involved in extra curricular activities at your university. If you graduate college without the necessary social and work skills then it will be next to impossible to find a job no matter what degree you have.