Issues with issues

Do it in safe mode (for XP - run - msconfig - BOOT.INI - /SAFEBOOT - repeat the same but untick /SAFEBOOT to get out). Then get out of safe mode, scan in normal mode see if they're still there.

If they are, you will have to do it manually in regedit, but report back here first.

25010[/snapback]

Thanks for your help.

I did as you suggested.

I get the long list. I fix issues. I rerun the issues check and get the same list over and over. Doesn't matter if I am in Safe mode or not.

:huh::huh::huh:

As above stated. You might want to run NTREGOPT too...

25019[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply.

Is this another registry cleaning program?

The reason I am responding is to point out a problem with CCleaner. Not so much to clean these issues. I use other registry cleaning programs as well.

Right, have you ever used regedit (run - regedit) before? If so, then navigate to each of the issues manually, right-click it, go to Permissions, click add, type Administrators and make sure you have full control (tick each think next to it under allow), then right-click and hit delete, should do the job....

Right, have you ever used regedit (run - regedit) before? If so, then navigate to each of the issues manually, right-click it, go to Permissions, click add, type Administrators and make sure you have full control (tick each think next to it under allow), then right-click and hit delete, should do the job....

25110[/snapback]

EEK, I have 120 issues!!

I am setup as an administrator as a user. Same thing??

I have used Regedit. I sure don't want to make 120 manual entries.

Thanks anyway. Maybe I will just hope this is fixed.

:huh::huh::huh:

No, you don't make them!

Scan for issues - and for each thing that comes up navigate to it with regedit (you can see where to go under "Registry Key" next to each issues CCleaner finds), right-click the key you find, go to Permissions, click add, type Administrators and make sure you have full control (tick each think next to it under allow), then right-click and hit delete, should do the job....

I have exactly the same problem... AND nothing I have found here has sortedit.

When I logged on this morning there were 83 ISSUES to fix. The first try cl;eared all but THE REGULAR 44 which are permanently there.

However many times I use CC the same 44 issues, most of which are ActiveX then are there at the next sweep.

NOTHING moves them. Even CCleaner which in the past seemed to clear everything.

Sorry... BUt it is not working as it claims to do

I also have the same problem ... Issues lists 466 problems but it won't remove them. I have tried safe mode, and I have no antivirus program running ... yet the 466 issues are still there.

I can not imagine using Regedit on 466 entries, manually changing permissions on each entry before I can delete it. Is anyone aware of a cleaning program that actually works?

I also have the same problem ... Issues lists 466 problems but it won't remove them. I have tried safe mode, and I have no antivirus program running ... yet the 466 issues are still there.

I can not imagine using Regedit on 466 entries, manually changing permissions on each entry before I can delete it. Is anyone aware of a cleaning program that actually works?

25440[/snapback]

Here i am again having raised this problem on another thread and hve had the same advise. i have had joy on any of ther suggested solutions in both threads.

I hasve noticed that after Xmas when installing new digital camera software -Kodak and Cassio i end up with even more unused file extensoions than before.

On using Regedit - i am told i ado not have permission to change but i can look at the permissions screen. on trying to alter using administrators rights the system will not accept them.

this problem seem to be more than a specific users problem. Are we getting to the stage where we no longer have control of our own ps's

Here i am again having raised this problem on another thread and hve had the same advise. i have had joy on any of ther suggested solutions  in both threads.

I hasve noticed that after Xmas when installing new digital camera software -Kodak and Cassio i end up with even more unused file extensoions than before.

On using Regedit - i    am told i ado not have permission to change  but i can look at the permissions screen. on trying to alter using administrators rights the system will not accept them. 

this problem seem to be more than  a specific users problem. Are we getting to the stage where we no longer have control of our own ps's

25673[/snapback]

Sorry people being New tears Eve i should have said that i have said that i have had NO joy with any of the solutions suggested so far. Please keep the ideas coming .

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL never mind the protocal.

LISTEN TO ME!!:

regedit: Run - msconfig - type regedit - O.K

Scan for issues - and for each thing that comes up navigate to it with regedit (you can see where to go under "Registry Key" next to each issues CCleaner finds), right-click the key you find, go to Permissions, click add, type Administrators and make sure you have full control (tick each think next to it under allow), then right-click and hit delete, should do the job....

LISTEN TO ME!!:

regedit: Run - msconfig - type regedit - O.K

25680[/snapback]

this does not work still get error message - "Error opening key" when trying to change permissions even when logged on as Administrator.

EUREKA

I finally got it..... It was a very long process...BUT I have now just run a CLEAN issues scan!!!!!

It took me long enough with my 44 entries. Heaven help the member who has 400.

Hope he has a couple of week holidays left

Hoppy