Drive Wiper shuts down laptop with blue screen error message

I do wonder, which version of firefox are you using? I am using 12 at the moment. Does good with Yahoo with http pipelining disabled.

Now, 13 beta has issues with certain websites, I believe. And of course, I don't know how many firefox versions you upgraded through, but it happens sometimes that older files may interfere with the newer versions during multiple consecutive "upgrade" cycles & cause problems.

_____

Wish you could create a new user account under the control panel, then run Firefox as it will create a new user profile under the new user account.

This is a quick & simple way to see if it is in Firefox, or something else.

Before you run it, try uninstalling older flash versions, then updating to the latest version of flash for Firefox.

May help to go to start/run type in %appdata% & enter, then copy your mozilla folder to the desktop for safekeeping for the moment while your testing.

Nothing should happen, but this is where all your firefox settings & plugins are stored.

Then try uninstalling Firefox WITHOUT checking to remove user customizations. Install Firefox 12. Not the beta versions. From filehippo.com website.

_____

Then, log into the new user profile you created, and launch Firefox. Try loading your usual pages, being sure you disable http pipelining in the new user account, if your still having problems.

It would be great if you can update us as to what version you currently have, as well as to what you end up trying & how well it works. Firefox 12 has improvements in speed/memory use.

I too am running the latest firefox 12.

Typing in firefox.exe -p in the start search box will allow you to create a new profile which I've done before, but it didn't seem to make a difference before I did the reinstall of firefox.

It seems like whenever I do a reinstall of firefox, it seems to run fine initially, but inevitably over time, it seems to slow down with each subsequent update.

I think it's a compatibility issue with add-ons not being able to keep up with the frequent firefox updates.

Within the past year or so, since firefox 4 was released on 3-22-11, they have updated 16 times.

With each new release, they claim improvements in speed and features, but if it becomes incompatible with the add-ons, it's kind of futile.

The reason people use firefox is for the customization, and if the creators of add-ons can't keep up with the too frequent updates, it's going to cause problems.

And I've had problems with flash also...sometimes I'll see a "install flash" message in a video box before it finally loads the video in the box, and.I've got a decent connection with around 25mbps.