Auto Update

Used CCleaner for years.

IF CCleaner had an Auto-Update feature, I would GLADLY pay for it. I must not be the only person who hates downloading, installing every month.

The programs I generally will pay for must have that feature. (double click open > New Update, Click OK to Update > bing boom doom, all Update > Clean away Mr. CCleaner > The End.

Thanks

• Moderators

lodging my usual disagreement for this idea.

new rules happen with updates, an auto update would end in people deleting things "on accident" & then blaming ccleaner

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

lodging my usual disagreement for this idea.

new rules happen with updates, an auto update would end in people deleting things "on accident" & then blaming ccleaner

How so? The programs I use go like this: Double-click Open, - Warning - Update required. Cannot use CCleaner until updated, Press OK to update.... bing ding ring, you are updated, please check your settings.

Done.

• Moderators

ccleaner is a free product what does money have anything to do with updating. also if you'll notice our blasé answers, you see that it is an oft discussed subject. use the search function in the forum if you want the full explanation.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Well integrated updater would be nice so there would be no need to download latest setup through browser.

That would be nice.

My only gripes about a completely automatted updater would be if/when confronted with a buggy version.

• 1 month later...

I'm new but lets not be too hasty about asking to pay for something before it has been developed. There are plenty of free programs on the World Wide Web that have an auto-update feature built in and has proven successfully to be stable. I think providing this feature would be a beneficial asset to CCleaner; wouldn't you like it more if you did not have to manually upgrade every month. A program development feature that all can benefit from through participation in consumer feedback. Yes there will be, of course, some bumps and pitfalls along the way but that’s how the development for consumer competition interest starts. Eventually, as the software develops, there may be a price tag attached but that's up to the CEO - Investors and how greedy they want to become above and beyond a fair market value for their product. They are not forcing you to buy their products. Take Alcohol 120%; they offer a onetime-lifetime purchase for their product. I’ve been with them for over 10 years and I have never had to pay additional costs for the same ownership license regardless of upgrade versions downloaded. This alone makes me want to donate, on there behalf, for upholding their commitment to consumers; it's a great program. CCleaner may be the same way but time will tell.