CCleaner Community Forums
njuserfriendly

Can't Clean Chrome Cache

I keep getting an error message that I need to close Chrome in order for it to clear the cache; however, Chrome is already closed. It's not a big deal as I clean the cache when I'm browsing frequently in Chrome. I didn't see that anyone else seems to have the error, so maybe my computer just doesn't like heavy metal.

I have the same problem even though I close Chrome. This just started happening. I am using Chrome 17.0.963.56 m, Windows XP, CCleaner v3.16.1666.

Thanks.

I have the same problem even though I close Chrome. This just started happening. I am using Chrome 17.0.963.56 m, Windows XP, CCleaner v3.16.1666.

Thanks.

Did you check my post/link above? You might have some "unnecessary" processes running in backround after closing Chrome "normally".

Look for 'chrome.exe,' 'old_chrome.exe' or processes associated with any extensions/web apps you may have installed.

This solved the problem for me: When you close Chrome, dont use the x at the top right of your tab. Use Chrome's menu. Scroll to 'exit' and close the program that way.  Otherwise chrome stays in memory.