Registry Clean of visited web pages

Differential

In Windows 7 Pro (64 Bit)

While working with my registry, I found thousands of web pages that I had visited over several years.

These pages had a sub key of www.

If doesn't help to erase visited web pages in Internet Explorer , Safari or other programs if it is still

in the registry. Do a search of www in the registry and you might find over 50 Gb of unwanted data.

I tried to edit out all except those I access all the time such as eBay, however it would have taken

days !

I copied the main key data listing, erased the whole key and remade the original top key with the

same settings.

It would be nice if the registry was compared to the internet accessed listing and erased those

listings in the Registry.

Needles to say, my load time when booting was cut in half (as in a minute or more) !

:D

Just did a registry search on mine, & all that came up are the usual verisign/default homepage, etc, etc.

50 GB is a lot. If you have that many listed in your registry, I am not posting here how to fix it, but you may want to look at the piriform guide to removing malware.

It sounds to me like you have something on your computer. I have seen computers with similar to what you stated, & the ones I have seen like that had malware on them.

It may not be malware, but malware does cause things like this, & that is what it sounds to me like it is. SearchQu & other nasties can cause problems...

See if this helps: http://forum.pirifor...showtopic=20214

The malware forum has been closed, but I believe this is the correct link to post. I am sure someone will correct me if it isn't.