CCleaner Free Version ~ Cookies ~ Field Turns Black ~ Replicable Bug

Sweyn78

Hi! I've been a fan of CCleaner for quite some time.

I thought I'd help out by reporting a bug (and, once I finally get a credit card, by donating).

On the free version of CCleaner, (1) go to the Cookies list. (2) Look at the left column. (3) Click the slider in the middle of the scrollbar. (4) If there are enough entries that the scrollbar is *not* grayed-out, click the last entry in the list; else, you can't replicate this bug. (5) The list should have turned black with white highlighting around the lettering. (6) Click on any other option to see it alone go back to normal. (7) Click the last entry in the list (it doesn't have to be the same one as last time) to undo the bug. (8) To re-replicate, click on the scrollbar again, then click on the last item in the list again.

Well, there is your bug report. :)

Have a nice day!

~Sweyn78

• Moderators

I can't replicate this on windows 7. Anyone else? Sweyn what version of windows are you running? any altered visual themes on your PC?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I can't replicate this on windows 7. Anyone else? Sweyn what version of windows are you running? any altered visual themes on your PC?

Me neither, and would've asked the same.

Which CCleaner version? You can try to update graphics card drivers.

• Moderators

wait you did your in the right pane not the left. Does the flaw occur on either side or was to op incorrectly pointing to left when meant right?

EDIT: Confirmed this flaw does occur on the right side (cookies to keep)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

I don't have any cookies to display :(

not sure that's a bad thing ;) also not sure how much it contributed to the bug report (however as we've confirmed this independently I'm sure the developers have enough info to look into it)

LOL....well I either am paranoid or do a super job cleaning as I now have 10 cookies to display, :P but unfortuntely I can't duplicate since I don't have enough cookies. :o

Glad you guys have enough info.

25qd6wl.jpg

Made it happen here, wxp sp3 32 bit, ie8. Might be that you need enough cookies to fill up both panels. I had to go get some. :-) Click on the last cookie in the right panel; they go black as pictured by winapp. However, that last cookie must be right on the bottom edge of the right panel. In other words, if there is any space below it, the blackout doesn't happen. And when you do click on it, and the blackout happens, the list of cookies bounces up far enough to show it (the one you clicked) but the background doesn't repaint itself to white.

edit: doesn't matter here if you click on the left slider or not.

. . . th_Ccleaner_blackout1.jpg

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• 4 weeks later...