Laser Printer?

rridgely

• Moderators

Can anyone give me some good advice on a laser printer? I just want something good that will save me from buying $15 cartridges that don't print enough.

I'm going to keep my current printer(lexmark all in one), so I don't need color or a scanner. Just a good and cheap laser printer with cheap cartridges.

What do you guys use?

• Moderators

Amazon has a few Brother/HP/ and samsung laser printers for about $150 or less(some as cheap as $60). The cartridges are anywhere from 30-50 or more. I'm not looking for one with 5 cartridges or anything, those prices are fine compared to what I'm paying right now.

I read some reviews but I was just looking for someone who has any experience with them.

• Moderators

Thats about the same thing as my lexmark. I found a link that says my ink cartridges get about 170pages which is probably right. Its costing me a ton of money.

I'm in the process of student teaching(FINALLY ABOUT TO GRADUATE. :P) but I'm printing A TON. I think I'm going to get this:

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Printer-HL2270DW-Wireless-Monochrome/dp/B00450DVDY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326425878&sr=8-1

rridgely, here is a link to one on TigerDirect for $58.99 I believe that is about $40 less than the Brother one you are looking to get, but not sure if that is much savings to you... Maybe you can just get 2 Samsungs for that price, in case you run out of ink, lol!

http://www.tigerdire...91546&CatId=363

Samsung, refurb. I have seen a few before for $49 or so, I believe. Missed that deal though.

P.S. TD usually includes several reviews below the item your looking at. Probably want to read a few reviews to get the general opinion on an item.

I have an almost 15 years old HP Laserjet 1200. Cartridges last about 1500-3500 pages average (the high capacity one) and they cost about 60 € here in Spain.

I strongly advise no matter what brand you choose to have one that have the most built-in page descriptor languages (PCL5, PCL6, PS). It will make things easier.

Do not get a GDI printer only.