Windows-XP Start menu doesn't display any program anymore.

aalvarezn

Sirs:

After reading and hearing many recommendations, I downloaded CCleaner.

It's a really excellent utility.After installing and cleaning one of my PC, I recovered a lot of space and began to run faster.Wonderful!

I selected to clean some areas, includindg The Start Menu .It did it; it cleaned all recent programs and opened documents menu;then ,after a time,I checked Start Menu again, but a problem popped up: no recent programs and documents are showed since then.

No matter how many programs are started or how many times any program or any document is opened , the Start Menu always is blank. Another thing: my defaul browser is Internet Explorer and my E-mail client is Outlook;well, original icons changed and generic ones are showed instead at Star Menu.

I recognize I made a mistake cheking or unchecking so many things at first run. but now it is really annoying.

What did I do wrong?

What do I have to check or uncheck at CCleaner Menu to fix this?

Please,help me to repair all this mess.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Alexander Alvarez.

Hallo Alexander.

Try this: open ccleaner -> options -> tab advanced and than tick restore default settings.

It brings you back to the first state you used it.

Grtz Peter

Leave it that way in the future!

Hallo Alexander.

Try this: open ccleaner -> options -> tab advanced and than tick restore default settings.

It brings you back to the first state you used it.

Grtz Peter

Leave it that way in the future!

Yes, that should put CCleaner back to its original settings so no further harm is done.

But NO, that will not undo any existing harm to Windows itself that may remain.

If without further use of CCleaner there is a continuing failure for recent programs and documents to appear,

then it is Windows itself that needs fixing.

When Windows disasters strike I think the first question should be whether the Registry was cleaned,

and if so the first answer is to restore the registry backups that were recommended at that time.