Recuva upgrade

mrgenoux

Dear Piriform:

Since I upgraded to Recuva 1.42.544 (64-bit), launching Recuva keeps sending message telling me that a new upgrade is available.

Similarly, opening Recuva webpage tells me that a new software is available with the version number 1.42.544 (64-bit), identical to the one that is installed on my computer.

This bug doesn't affect the other Piriform softwares (CCleaner, Defraggler and Speccy).

Incidently, congratulations for your products.

Kind Regards,

Philippe Genoux

• 2 weeks later...

dear All:

Sorry, I have been long to reply, but I had no notice of any reaction to my initial post.

My OS is Microsoft Windows 7 - 64 bit French version, with all updates from Microsoft installed.

Yes, I have uninstalled and re-installed Recuva 1.42.544 (64-bit), and the same problem arises: a message informing me that a new version (1.42.544) is available for download. This is the only Piriform software that causes this problem. CCleaner, Defrag and Speccy are trouble-free.

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,

Philippe

• Moderators

just to make sure (and yes we've been burned this way before), none of you are running recuva in debug mode are you

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. Windows 7 HP 64-bit and Recuva v1.42.544 (64-bit). Every time I check for updates, I receive a message that "A new version, 1.42.544 is available to download!". I tried to uninstall and reinstall Recuva (without rebooting), but this didn't help.

Do you have by chance, Filehippo updater installed? Some updater programs try to alert you when a new version of a file is ready, so I wonder if you installed anything similar, or someone using your PC, then it erroneously tells you that you have an update.

I would check your add remove list to see if you have any kind of program set for auto-update. Usually, they will let you select which programs to monitor for new versions.

me too..

Windows 7 64-bit

I just purchased Recuva and I'm getting this message - and then it requires me to purchase the upgrade as well?

I haven't had this laptop very long, and I don't have any updater programs installed. I generally don't allow anything to install little tools or add-ons.

Do you have by chance, Filehippo updater installed?

I have no Filehippo updaters. I downloaded Recuva from piriform.com. When I click on "Check for updates" in the lower-right corner of Recuva window, then the browser (IE9) opens a page www.piriform.com/recuva/update?v=1.42.544%20(64-bit)&l=1033 saying that "A new version, 1.42.544 is available to download". This happens with Recuva only and only with its 64-bit version.

It wil be fixed in the next release :)

Thank you.

Recuva is free, and updates are free. If you paid for anything here it was for direct support from the developers. If you downloaded from another site other than filehippo it was likely an unauthorized mirror.

(This is totally off topic.. I apologize.)

I downloaded from piriform.com - I just chose the "Home" version. There is no explanation anywhere showing what's different in each of the versions.

• Moderators

I agree the page is confusing.

Basically recuva is the same version whether you choose recuva free, recuva home or recuva business.

I feel it should say in the recuva free version 'free forum support' instead of 'no support'.

post-1555-0-91494300-1331280173_thumb.jpg

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com