Piriform Community Forums
nodles

The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

The update to 59.0.1 once again broke my taskbar icon and link.

Managed to unpin it without a restart this time and repinned it from file explorer.

However it was then showing with the name "Firefox(3)" which indicated that the previous 2 were still about somewhere.
Trying to change the name of the taskbar link in properties just asked me if I wanted to create Firefox(4).

So the solution:

• Unpin firefox from the taskbar.
  • Open file explorer and go to:
  • %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
  • Delete all instances of the Firefox shortcut. (3 of them in this case)
  • Repin Firefox to the taskbar from file explorer. (or the start menu apps list).

ff 52.7.3 esr

26. march 2018

Fixed

Use-after-free in compositor

Announced
March 26, 2018
Impact
high
Products
Firefox, Firefox ESR
Fixed in
  • Firefox 59.0.2
  • Firefox ESR 52.7.3

ff 59.0.2

26. march 2018

Fixed

• Invalid page rendering with hardware acceleration enabled (Bug 1435472)

• Windows 7 users with touch screens or certain 3rd party desktop applications which interact with Firefox through accessibility services may experience random browser crashes. Known 3rd party applicatioins with issues: StickyPassword, Windows 7 touch screen. (Bug 1424505)

• Browser keyboard shortcuts (eg copy Ctrl+C) don't work on sites that use those keys with resistFingerprinting enabled (Bug 1433592)

• High CPU / memory churn caused by third-party software on some computers (Bug 1446280)

• Users who have configured an "automatic proxy configuration URL" and want to reload their proxy settings from the URL will find the Reload button disabled in the Connection Settings dialog when they select Preferences/Options > Network Proxy > Settings... (Bug 1445991)

• URL Fragment Identifiers Break Service Worker Responses (Bug 1443850)

• User's trying to cancel a print around the time it completes will continue to get intermittent crashes (Bug 1441598)

• Broken getUserMedia (audio) on DragonFly, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD. Video chat apps either wouldn't work or be always muted (Bug 1444074)

And the update to 59.0.2 broke my taskbar icon again. It's minor but it's getting anoying.

PS. The problem I reported earlier with Malwarebytes Anti Exploit stand alone beta causing new tab crashes with Firefox has now been solved.
A new version of MBAE beta, v1.12.1.56, is now available for those who want it. Remember it's an experimental beta testing version.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/205225-mbae-112-build-56-latest-experimental-build/
(The Anti-Exploit included in the main MB3 programme remains unaffected, it was only an issue with the AE beta testing version - that's partly what beta versions are for).

On 17.3.2018 at 16:26, nukecad said:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

perhaps you have it on the wrong place?

you->appdata->roaming->microsoft->internet explorer->quick launch->firefox icon and link

in user pinned\taskbar is nothing...

ps: i use the quick launch and not the taskbar B)

I'm not sure but it's only been a problem with 59.# updates.

The fact that it was creating multiple instances at that location seems to say it's the right pathname.

\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar shows all my pinned taskbar items. (in Windows 10).

I've mentioned the issue through mozilla feedback.