The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

Today when I check in the browser it says that my 45.0.2 is up to date.

by me too

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Just received the popup again, 5 mins ago, still version 46.0.1. And this time the browser recognises an update is available as well.

Think I'll have a look round the web before installing it though.

Edit- (12:54)

Had a look round, nothing on the web about why the update was pulled.

Seems to have been some problems with both the Mac version and the Windows version clashing with some PUP's.

As MBAM clears out any PUPs on my machine that shouldnt be a problem.

Anyway running 46.0.1 now and all seems OK.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 1 month later...

version 47.0; first release 7. June 2016

New
  • Support for Google’s Widevine CDM on Windows and Mac OS X so streaming services like Amazon Video can switch from Silverlight to encrypted HTML5 video.

• Enable VP9 video codec for users with fast machines

• Embedded YouTube videos now play with HTML5 video if Flash is not installed.

• View and search open tabs from your smartphone or another computer in a sidebar

• Allow no-cache on back/forward navigations for https resources

• Latgalu [ltg] locale added. Wikipedia tells us there are 164,500 daily speakers.

Fixed
Changed
Developer
  • View, start,and debug registered Service Workers in the Service Workers developer tool

• Simulate Push messages in the Service Workers developer tool

• 'Start' button for service workers in about:debugging to start registered Service Workers

• Changes that can affect add-on compatibility

• Added support for ChaCha20/Poly1305 cipher suites

• Custom user agents supported in Responsive Design Mode

• Smart multi-line input in the Web Console

• Web platform changes

Developer Information

HTML5
  • cuechange events are now available on TextTrack objects

• WebCrypto: PBKDF2 supports SHA-2 hash algorithms

• WebCrypto: RSA-PSS signature support

unresolved

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

New

I just noticed that they have done this by installing the Widevine CDM Module as a plug-in with the FFx 47.0 update without asking, or even informing you.

This plugin only has the options to "Always Activate" or "Never Activate" enabled.

The "Ask to Activate" is not selectable.

I thought one point of Widevine was that it is a native Web API and so does not rely on plugins?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 3 weeks later...

version 47.0.1; first release 28. june 2016

Fixed
  • Selenium WebDriver may cause Firefox to crash at startup

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Only problem I had with 48.0 was with WOT since may system cleaning batch file will nuke some non-English language files, never had an issue with it for several years prior. On a side note I wonder why the developers of WOT don't pack it into an XPI.

Only problem I had with 48.0 was with WOT since may system cleaning batch file will nuke some non-English language files, never had an issue with it for several years prior. On a side note I wonder why the developers of WOT don't pack it into an XPI.

Funny you should say that, last night I also discovered two of my "unsigned" addons were showing as unsigned as I'd added their language files to CCleaner, and every time the files were removed the addons would change to unsigned.

Found replacements for two of the other unsigned addons, and the remaining one showed as signed after reinstalling from AMO (exact same version!). So have now updated to FF48 with all addons working.

• Moderators

After an upgrade of my add-ons (32 not including ones that were installed by other software, e.g. Norton) most were signed the few that weren't had readily available replacements

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

After an upgrade of my add-ons (32 not including ones that were installed by other software, e.g. Norton) most were signed the few that weren't had readily available replacements

You have 30 more than me then, I only use two add-ons; WOT and uBlock Origin.

• Moderators

And I barely use FF. Most of my add-on are either for ripping sound from youtube and blocking/checking out malicious seeming sites

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...
Version 48.0, first Release on August 2, 2016
New
  • Process separation (e10s) is enabled for some of you. Like it? Let us know and we'll roll it out to more

• Roar for moar protection against harmful downloads! We've got your back

• Add-ons that have not been verified and signed by Mozilla will not load

• Windows folks: Tab (move buttons) and Shift+F10 (pop-up menus) now behave as they should in Firefox customization mode

• Searching for something already in your bookmarks or open tabs? We added super smart icons to let you know

• WebRTC embetterments:

• Delay-agnostic AEC enabled
    • Full duplex for GNU/Linux enabled
    • ICE Restart & Update is supported
    • Cloning of MediaStream and MediaStreamTrack is now supported
  • GNU/Linux fans: Get better Canvas performance with speedy Skia support. Try saying that three times fast

• Windows 7 systems without Platform Update can now use D3D11 WARP

• The media parser has been redeveloped using the Rust programming language

Fixed
  • Heyo, Jabra & Logitech C920 webcam users. We fixed those pesky WebRTC bugs causing frequency distortions. Buh-bye, squeaky voice!

• Improved step debugging on last line of functions

• Various security fixes

Changed
  • Au revoir to Windows Remote Access Service modem Autodial

• Starting with the Firefox version 49 release, so long to support for 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8. Now we can focus on where most Mac users are: 10.9. Don't forget to upgrade!

• After version 48, SSE2 CPU extensions are going to be required on Windows

Developer
  • Expand network requests from the console panel to view request details in line, so you can see things in context

• This theme is hot, hot, hot! Say hi to the Firebug theme for Developer Tools

• Add-on development just got easier because you can reload them from about:debugging — because we're all about debugging

• Old and busted: Error Console. New hotness: Browser Console for your debugging pleasure

• Content Security Policy (CSP) is now enforced for WebExtensions. (Who's down with CSP?)

• We're putting the spotlight on the background. Now you can debug WebExtensions background content scripts and background pages

• The memory tool now has a tree map view for your debugging pleasure. It's a little bit of "boo" and a whole lot of "ya"

• Want to move absolute & fixed positioned elements? (Who doesn't, right?) Now you can with our geometry editor.

• Workers can now use the Web Crypto API

• WebExtensions support is now considered as stable

Developer Information

unresolved

• On some websites using an important number of cookies, under certain conditions, this can cause the user to be logged out (1264192)

Version 48.0.1, first Release on August 18, 2016
Fixed
  • Fix an audio regression impacting some major websites (bug 1295296)

• Fix a top crash in the JavaScript engine (Bug 1290469)

• Fix a startup crash issue caused by Websense (Bug 1291738)

• Fix a different behavior with e10s / non-e10s on <select> and mouse events (Bug 1291078)

• Fix a top crash caused by plugin issues (Bug 1264530)

• Fix an unsigned add-ons issue on Windows

• Fix a shutdown issue (Bug 1276920)

• Fix a crash in WebRTC

Version 48.0.1, first Release on August 18, 2016
Fixed
  • Fix an audio regression impacting some major websites (bug 1295296)

• Fix a top crash in the JavaScript engine (Bug 1290469)

• Fix a startup crash issue caused by Websense (Bug 1291738)

• Fix a different behavior with e10s / non-e10s on <select> and mouse events (Bug 1291078)

• Fix a top crash caused by plugin issues (Bug 1264530)

• Fix an unsigned add-ons issue on Windows

• Fix a shutdown issue (Bug 1276920)

• Fix a crash in WebRTC

Anyone remember when Mozilla said there'd be no more minor version updates? (there's been 24 updates between FF40 and 48! :rolleyes: )