The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

Social networking sharing used to be an addon at Mozilla Labs, I'm surprised to see it finally make its way into Fx itself (given that Labs has been defunct for quite some time)

It's pretty half arsed anyway with it not including the biggest social network on the planet :rolleyes:

Oh and Hello is working for me now, seems it wouldn't launch first time from the hamburger menu (or whatever it's called), had to be placed on a toolbar and started. THEN it could be moved back to the menu and it WOULD launch :rolleyes:

Australis problems ;)

Australis??? What's that? ^_^

Actually Australis has indirectly been a great thing - with all the customisation options available in Classic Theme Restorer, my Firefox UI is more compact, more efficient and all round better to use than even pre-Australis FF. So thanks Mozilla  :P

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

@citana,

welcome to my world :)

whenever I rebuild my PC's, it's a whole can of worms to get spellchecker to kick in.

it always does - eventually - just a lot of fluffing around.

let me do a search and track down my previous posts on the matter....

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Spellcheck hasn't worked in the quick reply box in ages. I think it's IPB's problem though.

https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/01/project-silk/

Project SIlk: Bringing the browser's animations (and rendering) up to hardware vsync. There's a few toggles to flip in about:config if you're running nightly, it's much smoother already.

• Moderators

Spell checking doesn't work on this forum in:

Firefox 10

Firefox 11 Beta

Aurora 12

Nightly 13

Waterfox 10

(For me at least  :P

of course I can't find the old post in question but in Firefox what worked for me was, when you start a post, right click on a word, make sure Check Spelling is ticked, go into Languages, Add Dictionaries and play around there.

Also in Tools, Options, Content, Languages, I mucked around.

I would love to give you more exact details, but all the times I've done it, it hasn't been a simple 1,2,3 solution.

It's always been adding dictionaries, changing languages, restarting FF - all numerous ways and times.

All I can say is eventually, I have gotten the spell checking feature on this forum to work.

But it's been a right royal pain.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Spell checking doesn't work on this forum in:

Firefox 10

Firefox 11 Beta

Aurora 12

Nightly 13

Waterfox 10

(For me at least  :P

Try Pale Moon

Spell Check always works for  me in this forum OK

The above looked like the following before I clicked each squiggled word and selected the relevant correction :-

Try Palemoon

Spelll Check alllways woorks fuor mee in this fourum  ok

I jumped ship from Firefox after F.F. version 18 because it started to find different ways to go wrong each time I started up Windows.

I jumped ship from Firefox after F.F. version 18 because it started to find different ways to go wrong each time I started up Windows.

I jumped ship from Palemoon after it kept finding ways to go wrong after forking away from Firefox lol

Firefox v36.0 out:

# New
- Pinned tiles on the new tab page can be synced
- Support for the full HTTP/2 protocol. HTTP/2 enables a faster, more scalable, and more responsive web.
- Locale added: Uzbek (uz)

# Changed
- -remote option removed
- No longer accept insecure RC4 ciphers whenever possible
- Phasing out Certificates with 1024-bit RSA Keys
- Shut down hangs will now show the crash reporter before exiting the program
- Add-on Compatibility

# HTML5
- Support for the ECMAScript 6 Symbol data type added
- unicode-range CSS descriptor implemented
- CSSOM-View scroll behavior implemented allowing smooth scrolling of content without custom libraries
- object-fit and object-position implemented. Defines how and where the content of a replaced element is displayed isolation CSS property implemented.
- Create a new stacking context to isolate groups of boxes to control which blend together
- CSS3 will-change property implemented. Hints the browser of elements that will be modified. The browser will perform some performance optimization for these
- Changed JavaScript 'const' semantics to conform better to the ES6 specification. The const declaration is now block-scoped and requires an initializer. It also can not be redeclared anymore.
- Improved ES6 generators for better performance

# Developer
- Eval sources now appear in the Debugger Debug JavaScript code that is evaluated dynamically, either as a string passed to eval() or as a string passed to the Function constructor
- DOM Promises inspection
- Inspector: More paste options in markup view

# Fixed
- CSS gradients work on premultiplied colors
- Fix some unexpected logout from Facebook or Google after restart
- Various security fixes

#Known Issues

- Style Editor: Extra white space appearing above the editor for a sourcemapped scss file (1128747)
- For users who removed the Share & Hello buttons, this new version brings them back unexpectedly (1136300)

will ff not want to bring his own flash version?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I had read it somewhere... thanks

can I completely uninstall flash?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

will ff not want to bring his own flash version?

Not like Google does...... Google pays Adobe to make a special PPAPI version,Mozilla has asked for the same with an NPAPI version but they have declined. Shumway is coming along nicely (even plays some videos now!!!) but it's not ready for prime time yet.

Fx beta release notes: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/36.0beta/releasenotes/

Fx aurora release notes: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/37.0a2/auroranotes/