The Firefox/Mozilla Thread

nodles

• Moderators

thanks for the ESR heads-up @Winapp2.ini, I had not heard of them.

just chasing some info, so the ESR is v24.5, any reason for that or they just keep adding the next one that was released after it when the latest ones get released in the normal release cycle?

is there any code difference to what was the real v24.5 when it came out all those months ago?

looks like they put you onto the esr update channel for one thing...

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

If you want to use something longer term without using Australis, I suggest the ESR http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Yeah, that's what Palemoon is based on so may drift over to Palemoon for the timebeing (though, from what I understand, the ESR version will almost certainly be updated to australis in a few months, hopefully they will have tweaked it and addressed some of peoples issues with it by then though)

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that has never even used the back, forward and refresh context items anyway? Never understood their purpose in the context menu and surprised, with everything else they are stripping out of the browser, they've not just removed those items altogether.

• Moderators

No @JDPower you are not alone.

I've never needed to use them either and that's even before my trackball mouse had a forward/backward button.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Some of you Firefox users might find this interesting

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-automatically-making-connections

Some people are particularly concerned about the connections Firefox makes to the Internet, especially when such connections are made with no apparent cause. This article will explain the various reasons why Firefox may make a connection to the Internet, and how you can stop it from doing so if you so desire.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Why is quit broken in mobile 31

:runs away crying:

Oh wait add-on update

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Firefox 31

Mozilla yesterday released Firefox 31, patching 14 vulnerabilities, debuting a search box on the new tab page and adding a Google-provided service that detects and blocks known malicious files before they're downloaded.

http://www.itnews.com/search-engines/81455/mozilla-ships-firefox-31-adds-search-new-tab-page

Every line of code written by man can be undone by man

"A loser in the real world is still a loser in the net!" - .hack//SIGN

Getting old is inevitable,  growing up is optional !!

Mozilla's decision to add a search field to the new tab page.. ..followed a similar move by Google in September 2013

Behind the scenes, Firefox 31 also got a beefed up implementation of Google's "Safe Browsing,"

Seriously, just change the name to Chromefox and be done with it. Firefox will have no reason to exist soon, unless that is the plan and it's just a gradual merger <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Oh that's hilarious, they "resolve" the issue by offering a button to kill the background process instead of having to do it via task manager? How hard can it be to automate that and have an attempted launch of the new process recognise and kill the existing one? After all they've only had, what, 5, 6, 7 years :rolleyes:

I find the (sometimes multiple instances) Flash Player Plugin(s) running within and without FF are what's holding things up when starting a new browser session. Thank God for Sysinternals Process Explorer.